Cheapest video streaming box ?

Holmes

My cousin and his team recently got franchise of a Class A ISP in their native place. They would like to provide media players as optional bundled products to customers so that they can access video & music streaming services from TV; instead of accessing poor quality stuff over cable TV.

While the team has years of experience in networking, assembling computers they do not have much idea about media players. So they are looking for expert suggestions.

They need hundreds of units at launch. There should be a budget and a premium media player. They need something which is highly reliable and value for money.

They would like to hear from you guys on the following points :

1. Whether to buy readily available stuff from AliExpress or make on our own ?.
2. If buying ready made stuff, which product to use ?.
3. If making on our own which board (like RPi3) to use and which OS to use ?.

Looking forward for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

That is a very open-ended question. A media player can do one basic video playback to lot many things like acting as an SMB network storage as well. What all are your priorities, And what exactly is the budget you are looking for? You can start with a simple Rpi that can come under 5K (inclusive everything), but only the hardware, to a more elite Media player like Q10 Pro that can go upto 20K if I am not wrong, which would include hardware the OS, and all media playing capabilities plus extra aspects like Kodi and SMB in built. (This is INR I am talking ofcourse)

So in a nut shell need more info .. :)

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back