Chennai

M

mpw

to all the chennai folks,

thinking of you and please stay safe.

i dont know what else to do but hope that things settle down rather quick without further agony for the people in these flood waters.

Help each other and may you discover a new spirit of mutual help to see you all thru these tough times.

I understand some parts of chennai are not so bad but some are really bad and so....

srinisundar, thad and all the other Chennai FMs please stay safe..

take care of little children and drink boiled / bottled water only - if possible.

Best regards
mpw

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried calling my friends in Chennai but not a single call went thru.
All utilities are down and things are quite bad for most.
Most areas are struggling for basic amenities.

Prayers go out for some respite from the incessant rains.

same here. I was unable to reach my team in Chennai though i know they are led well and would have done what is necessary to pull through these tough days.

But the scale of water is mind boggling - being a mumbaikar we are used to rain and flooding ( sad to say ) but this is something on a different level.

I can only wait for a call to come thru...

Today I was thinking to start a thread about it. Thanks mpw you already did it.

I was discussing about it with my family that how painful it is. Seeing the images in newspaper I can realize there is nothing more important than being safe. We pray for all the people who affected by flood.

Thanks guys. Yes it's nightmarish here! For the first time the whole city has come to a stand still and almost every area is flooded and lost power. Airports, train stations closed and local commutes are out too. I hope other chennai members are doing ok and staying safe with their loved ones. Thanks!

News is that rains are going to continue.
I hope that there will be some respite to this deluge.

I am working in Chennai but escaped the flood as I am in Andhra on leave. I have been coordinating with some of my friends and colleagues to help and get updates of the situation. The situation has definitely improved even though it still rained today. Most of them are safe but am trying to reach my neighbors n two colleagues who r in worst hit areas. Fingers crossed and praying everyone is fine.

Good that you started the thread Mahesh, I was thinking of starting one but wasn't having access to PC whenever the fleeting thoughts came to my mind. Tried calling friends and relatives but no calls went through. Tried calling my erstwhile group with whom I had many a listening sessions like Sasi, Srinisundar, Rajiv, Thad, Mohamednaseer and Sayeed to no avail.

My thoughts are with all the above and FMs Madbullram, VenkatCR, Thevortex, Kiran PS, Rajgopal_J, Balagopalan, Sayeed and many others whom I had interacted in the hifi meets that we organised.

It would be good idea for all the Chennai members to mark that they and their gear are safe here so that we would know.

Last edited:
Take care Chennai people. Hope Chennai members are safe. Wishing the flood recedes quickly so relief can be started.
Regards.

Hi to all guys....

Everybody is safe here whom were known to me thru HFV.

Few days no power / But for me network coverage is there luckily with internet /// Roam around to office and here to charge the mobiles and laptop.

Today almost back to normal, but still rains were predicted..

safe here, lucky to be in an area that wasn't the worst affected, the rest of the city hasn't been this lucky though. power n network just back in the afternoon, but intermittent both. lot of folks have their homes and lives turned upside down. sad state of affairs, but heatening to see the amount of volunteer work going around and the support from the general public from all over the country and outside. thanks for all the wishes, the city will be back on its feet, soon!!

Safe here in Defence Colony, which was flooded to the ground floor level. Water receded by 3rd afternoon. Received visit from FM tnvijay on 7th. Power was down until 5 PM on the 7th, and again until this afternoon. Net and pumpsets still to be restored.

Others in nearby colonies fared much worse, with many losing everything and 4 fatalities (including net entrepreneurs B.Srinivas and his wife Sankaranthi at their home at Ekkattuthangal).

Defence colony is under 8 to 10 feet of water i heard thru my friends,,, unimaginable....//// Lucky who has first floor access they could have escaped... Who have only ground flood were most affected and I believe lot of unaccounted loss of lives will be there in sub-urban where the lake of chembarambakkam flow into adayar river.

Thanks for checking on ppl in chennai :thumbsup:

Safe here... Though i stay little away from chennai, no flooding in my area.. No loss of equipment...Didn't have broadband for more than weeks time, inconsistent mobile network for 2 - 3 days & power supply juz took a beating...

Hope all the FM in & around chennai are safe..

Thanks for checking guys. Safe here too, I went to my hometown Madurai to avoid any mishap and just came back Sunday. Only my car got water in, but I drained and cleaned it in Madurai. Rest well and obviously trying to get back to HiFi :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back