Chhanda Dhara - Can anyone help me on how to order these Indian classical CDs

srramanujam

Chhanda Ddhara is a recommended label for Indian classical music (largely Hindustani although they have a sprinkling of carnatic CDs too).

Unfortunately, i am not able to locate the homepage of the label. There are other third party sites that sell these CDs, but i am not sure of the value for money of these sites (upwards of 13 USD + shipping).

Can anyone help me on how to find these CDs, online or in any physical music store in India.

Regards

Chhanda Ddhara is a recommended label for Indian classical music (largely Hindustani although they have a sprinkling of carnatic CDs too).

Unfortunately, i am not able to locate the homepage of the label. There are other third party sites that sell these CDs, but i am not sure of the value for money of these sites (upwards of 13 USD + shipping).

Can anyone help me on how to find these CDs, online or in any physical music store in India.

Regards

For 500 range one gets 3 cd sets of carnatic. Why should one buy one CD for the same price? This looks like a label for foreign markets and the tracks are likely to be re-issued under other labels for lesser price in India.

Just a thought.

Regards

I believe these are high quality recordings of concerts outside India.

Granted, the Indian labels sell for roughly 150 a piece, but the recordings are miserable. I have a Rajalakshmi Studios CD, where the mridangam plays on the right. I have a wonderful performance of L Subramaniam and Palghat Mani Iyer, but the violin plays only on right channel and mridangam on the left. Gets annoying after a while.

This label is knows for superior quality recordings.

Hi

The recordings are indeed excellent. Have u tried in the CD shops- Harmony House , Music World , M3 , Rhythm , Planet M..... They might be having stocks. I am collecting from them in Kolkata however currently there is no fresh supply and u can get only from few left out old stocks. Price Rs 375.

Pratim

Can you tell me which shops in Kolkata these are available. Also, please share the cds with good recordings.
Manoj

Attached is the Chhanda Dhara catalogue from a dealer in Surat. Not all titles seem to be in stock but if there is enough interest, we can try something.

Attachments

• Chhanda Dhara.xls
    56 KB · Views: 39
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back