child proofing speakers

I guess I was lucky. My son just loved watching VCDs of popular Tamil songs and Cartoons. All my wife would have to do to get some free time would be to plonk him in front of the TV with a VCD or DVD running! That would net her 1 hour of freedom!

Have you tried doing that with your kid? Of course it is not that this should work in every case, but I guess no harm in trying.

oh he likes to watch tv yes..doesnt affect his curiosity though...:)

I was hesitating to write this is a pubic forum and that too unrelated to audio, video, or music. But Asit has written what I wanted to say beautifully. And I just cant help but pen the following words.

Believe me, music will come and go, audio systems will come and go, and even speakers will come and go. But all of us have only one chance in a lifetime with our children. And those moments are too precious to waste on our own individual pleasures. Bring up a your children with love and affection, and be proud when you see them succeed in life. Many of you may say, what about my own life? You gave that away when you decided to have children. You now have an immense responsibility - not of bringing them up, but giving them love and affection and making them feel special.

I have never raised my voice leave alone my hand on my son. I never denied him anything he wanted. Today when I see him walking through life with confidence and enjoying life, all that I sacrificed for him become meaningless.

I started focussing on my hobby of music and video late in life when I don't have to worry about tiny hands handing me a knob. But, believe me, I would again prefer that any day. The joy and pleasure that you get when a child smiles at you with pleasure - no Pink Floyd or Sean Connery can bring that lump to my throat. They are that special.

Cheers

Dear Venkatji,

By reading your words ,my whole being feels much more musical.

I usually visits one of my audiophile friends who keeps a lot of audiophile equipments.His kid is 3 year old and he always want to see his dad.We sit down ,start a song...listens for the imaging..puch,and all such stupid !!! stuff.Even before half a song is played,he opens the door ,runs in,jump here and there ,shouts,go to pick the amplifiers again runs to his dad saying something.Many times ,that marks the end of our "Audiophilic" listening.But i tell you,nothing is worth the smile on his face.

Hi Guys,
I just got home a pair of B&W 640 floor standers and have a 1.5 yr old kid at home. Pls pls tell me whatever ideas you have for protecting the speakers from becoming a victim of an inquisitive son.. I was cautioned against floorstanders, was told to put it off till he is older,,but I couldnt wait. Now that I am in it, pls give me some urgent suggestions. As of now the speakers stand facing the wall :( yes laugh all you can..

Anxious madjack

Dear ,

Approach a Carpenter and make a card board enclosure( open & close type fully-like raiser curtain for windows(Earlier model for TV cabin). Open when use & close after use. Also practise your baby for use the same.

@madjack - Did you come up with a solution? Just remembered this thread.

not yet..there s a unique problem now..I have just got some more equipment. So am still stuck about placing all that. 2 turntables, dvd player, speaker switcher. Now all this has to be connected to the amp. I dont have so much space in the unit. And all the recommendations on the forum suggest the rack to be solidly placed with not loose fittings (naturally). I cant have that, I will need it to be like a conventional cabinet with glass doors in the front..again for childproofing..
am stuck..what option do I take...
so all the equipment is in a corner in a no touch zone, till I decide. Sheesh..
The brand new project debut III TT has been played just once !..eeik.

nobody has dogs?

my wife and I love dogs (retarded children they are - and always dependant on you - unlike kids who grow up!).

i have had one of my dogs destroy a woofer cone while trying to kill a lizard!:lol:

nobody has dogs?

my wife and I love dogs (retarded children they are - and always dependant on you - unlike kids who grow up!).

i have had one of my dogs destroy a woofer cone while trying to kill a lizard!:lol:

I have a couple now and have always had them right from my childhood. BTW I've always had BS and wall mount them. Had these huge FS when I was a kid that my dad made as part of his DIY setup, but those are long gone. Maybe I will wonder about dogs when I have my Focals.

I have a couple now and have always had them right from my childhood. BTW I've always had BS and wall mount them. Had these huge FS when I was a kid that my dad made as part of his DIY setup, but those are long gone. Maybe I will wonder about dogs when I have my Focals.

Maybe you can mount them on the wall......the dogs I mean...:eek:hyeah:
Just kidding...

I have had a Doberman for 13 years & he never used be to bothered about my Sony FS I had in those days.

well ill be building an acrylic sheet that will act as a door to my rack
the sheet willbe held in place by strong M3 magnets
they are pretty darn strong

when i will listen to music the acrylic will have to be removed using a removable handle

will post in my picassa web album and update

The magnets will destroy your speaker drivers ....
... and the Klingons will rule Uranus once again ....

Just an evil thought .... :)

Cheers

The magnets will destroy your speaker drivers ....
... and the Klingons will rule Uranus once again ....

Just an evil thought .... :)

Cheers

the chidproofing is for my amplifier and cdp
will the magenets destroy them?

May the ( magnetic & all ) force be with you!! And it will not show the dark side!!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I've made some arrangement to child proof the speakers - sonic results yet to be tested!!!

Meanwhile my daughter's interest in all electrical,electronic ,mchanical,digital,analouge is growing..... dunno what to do...( damn the bugger friend who told me I am lucky as irls are less troublesome!!:mad::mad::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Recntly sh was shouting at me ( she is not even 2 years old) as she wanted to seat in driving seat -sitting anywahere is below her dignity!!

Amen

Ha ha Hemant its great that you share about your daughter. I'm sure daddy is very proud of her though.

How about posting some pics of her bro?

May the ( magnetic & all ) force be with you!! And it will not show the dark side!!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I've made some arrangement to child proof the speakers - sonic results yet to be tested!!!

Meanwhile my daughter's interest in all electrical,electronic ,mchanical,digital,analouge is growing..... dunno what to do...( damn the bugger friend who told me I am lucky as irls are less troublesome!!:mad::mad::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Recntly sh was shouting at me ( she is not even 2 years old) as she wanted to seat in driving seat -sitting anywahere is below her dignity!!

Amen

Magma, sorry, we lessor mortals cannot compare with you. You can keep on fashioning what nots at your workshop, we poor people have no such access except ofcourse you.
And what dedication,,u are going to remove the acrylic doors every time u wish to listen to music and then put them back. Too much. I would be happy if I cant put all my cds back in the right cases and then keep all of that back. And untangle all the multiple devices lying around the zone.
What say guys? shud be finalise a design and ask Mr. Magma to do it for us? anything in steel or rather metal, is right up his alley.
Magmaji, kuch vishesh tippenney?

Mr. Hemantji Wagheji,
You will thank the forum, when you see your daughter biwiring your speakers...and you will kick yourself for thinking those speakers were not biwirable. We haven't touched upon the topic of working biwirable speakers...that too shall happen in time. Dont worry. May the force be with you.

Cheers..
( u dunno how lucky you are with your sweety pie, my 19month old tyrant had handwash soap for breakfast yesterday and then was trying to rewire my turntable and then was trying to add another switch to my cdp. Would you rather have that? )

Amen

Hemanth, Madjack, at the end of the day, hug your little tyrants and thank God for those beautiful gifts. As I said before, they are that precious.

Madjack I was visualising the biwiring and all that by your little one. It brought tears to my eyes. I really do miss small children.

The other day I had a wonderful experience. I walked into a shop looking for some TV. A small buy, must be 4 or 5 years old, walked up to me, introduced himself to me, and started blasting away in English. He has just learnt a few words and wanted to impress somebody. I asked him what food he was going to have and he said his mother will only give some Biriyani when he actually liked to go to a Restaurant and eat. His mother has her head in her hands by now. The best was he pointed to his father and said, 'He is my Guardian'. By now the father was also trying to hide somewhere. This was an experience I will never forget. My wife and I were literally rolling on the ground.

Many times when i see an child I start making faces, smiling at the child or waving. Nine times out of ten, they answer back with a big grin. Would an unknown adult ever smile at you, particularly if you are of the opposite sex?

Cheers

Last edited:
No arguments with that at all Venkat.
Even when he has come and given me the amplifier knobs in my hand..(for safe keeping) I haven't told him anything. Once I did out of frustration,,he turned around and told me,,,'papa aisa mat bolo'. he was like all of 18 months then. I was blown away. Where does he get all this? I was thinking. And the rest of family was roaring away with laughter.

Yes, they are gifts indeed. I hope I can remember that when he goes to college though...;)

Cheers

Hemanth, Madjack, at the end of the day, hug your little tyrants and thank God for those beautiful gifts. As I said before, they are that precious.

Madjack I was visualising the biwiring and all that by your little one. It brought tears to my eyes. I really do miss small children.

The other day I had a wonderful experience. I walked into a shop looking for some TV. A small buy, must be 4 or 5 years old, walked up to me, introduced himself to me, and started blasting away in English. He has just learnt a few words and wanted to impress somebody. I asked him what food he was going to have and he said his mother will only give some Biriyani when he actually liked to go to a Restaurant and eat. His mother has her head in her hands by now. The best was he pointed to his father and said, 'He is my Guardian'. By now the father was also trying to hide somewhere. This was an experience I will never forget. My wife and I were literally rolling on the ground.

Many times when i see an child I start making faces, smiling at the child or waving. Nine times out of ten, they answer back with a big grin. Would an unknown adult ever smile at you, particularly if you are of the opposite sex?

Cheers

I think that's the trend these days. My daughter won't settle for any remote other than the one I use - the logitech. Any other remote is thrown away.
In the car, she has to sit in the front seat. She is not interested in watching the scene outside the car, she is more interested in changing the gears!! And she is just 10 months old. She lost her hair yesterday due to mundan ceremony.

regards

Ha ha Hemant its great that you share about your daughter. I'm sure daddy is very proud of her though.

How about posting some pics of her bro?

Magma, sorry, we lessor mortals cannot compare with you. You can keep on fashioning what nots at your workshop, we poor people have no such access except ofcourse you.
And what dedication,,u are going to remove the acrylic doors every time u wish to listen to music and then put them back. Too much. I would be happy if I cant put all my cds back in the right cases and then keep all of that back. And untangle all the multiple devices lying around the zone.
What say guys? shud be finalise a design and ask Mr. Magma to do it for us? anything in steel or rather metal, is right up his alley.
Magmaji, kuch vishesh tippenney?

hey
when did i compare anyone or anything to my stuff?

i have offered earlier too
but if any of you guys want me to build something for you or execute a design
please do ping me.

i keep getting bored and try to find things to do , when work at the factory is not busy
now ive just finished a new design for a product launch

im gonna get bored pretty soon!:sad:

LOL I didnt say you compared,,,I said we compared...

We are going to overload you with fabrication work..dont worry,,we won't leave you with too much time on hand..:)

Cheers..
Pls keep experimenting...

hey
when did i compare anyone or anything to my stuff?

i have offered earlier too
but if any of you guys want me to build something for you or execute a design
please do ping me.

i keep getting bored and try to find things to do , when work at the factory is not busy
now ive just finished a new design for a product launch

im gonna get bored pretty soon!:sad:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back