Childproofing Floor standers from wave board

GeorgeB

I get chills down the spine when my 8-year-old daughter comes near my speakers on her wave board.

The wave board height is around 12 cm, should I place the speakers on a ply-box for around 15 cm height?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks

I get chills down the spine when my 8-year-old daughter comes near my speakers on her wave board.

The wave board height is around 12 cm, should I place the speakers on a ply-box for around 15 cm height?

Thanks

How about keeping the sub next to it, that way there is less of speakers crashing heavily or crashing at all as after brushing the sub it will fall back in place.

Thanks

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/protection-of-speakers-against-kids.27911/

Increasing height is a bad idea as the center of gravity is further away from the floor....the higher they go the harder they fall! (It might effect the bass response too)

I have trained my kid to be very careful around the speakers. And I made granite slabs and got Isoacoustics Gaias which stick to the slabs via suction cups. It also helps that each speaker weighs 31kg.

All these precautions minimize the risk but it isn’t completely child proof.

Attachments

• AB30B9F4-518D-4D80-9EC8-EE90A58C2E60.jpeg
    AB30B9F4-518D-4D80-9EC8-EE90A58C2E60.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 41
As suggested by FM's, will drop the plan to keep the speakers on a raised platform, will figure out some other way.
Thanks.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back