Chinese electronics - amps and tubes

bazee

hi

i came across a site that sells chinese brand of amplifiers , cdp s etc..

they have some great tube amplifiers.

Brands present were :

Jolida
Shanling
Xindak
Bada

Does anybody have experience with these brands..

how do they compare to arcams,rotels and CAs.

And they are certainly not cheap/entry level items.
All cost around 600=1500 $$.

regards

Bada has some high end portable amps for headphones. Is reputed in that section. Dunno about regular amps. Is the site indian or you are importing

hello

am not aware of indian dealers .

the site i saw had US dollar prices.
though some users have stated to have used at least Jolida.
I think SuhasG had used one.

regards

hi i saw some posts from rb9 also , check his posts and you will find something useful ! i visited his place last month i saw the Chinese rig there ! he suggested me one Dac which is now with me. he was very very helpful, get in touch with him.

hello

am not aware of indian dealers .

the site i saw had US dollar prices.
though some users have stated to have used at least Jolida.
I think SuhasG had used one.

regards

I once owned a Jolida Amp . But Jolida is not a chinese brand as such. Owner of Jolida is half Chinese (Chinese mother) , he gets SKD kits (Semi knocked Down) form China but final assembly and QA is done in US.

Jolida (US) producst are far better than not only those cheapo Chinese clones but also out perform many entry level International brands like NAD, CA, ARCAM, ROTEL and MARANTZ etc.

One can find Jolida look a likes (clones) sold by some Chinese firms but of bad quality.

Jolida has no official dealer/s appointed in India. Mahendra Dave of Oceanic , Pune imports Jolida products (Amp and CDP) on a regular basis. Jolida products are available for an audition at Mahendra's music shop.

Like Jolida there are two more brands following the same route those are:

Vincent and Advance Acoustics . Vincent is a German firm and AA is a French venture.

I am not sure but Cayin and PrimaLuna also fall in this category.

Last edited:
Jolida (US) producst are far better than not only those cheapo Chinese clones but also out perform many entry level International brands like NAD, CA, ARCAM, ROTEL and MARANTZ etc.

Please do not take it otherwise. Many of you are very well-informed. Just wanted to know if the above statement is a casual remark or it is based on verifiable information over a period of time. The reason I am asking this is that after you (SuhasG) suggested a Jolida tube CD player to me in another thread, I looked around in the net for more information. May be I did not look at the right places, but the information I got from reputed sites and from actual users was mixed. Some people really liked the sound, some others mentioned various problems. Since there was no opportunity to audition a Jolida system in Kolkata, I ultimately dropped the idea and settled for another CDP.

I have personally auditioned a Cayin tube CDP twice recently, once with a Cayin tube amp and another time with a NAD amp. Performance was satisfactory (nothing extraordinary) when combined with the tube amp, and was quite ordinary when combined with the NAD amp. The auditions were done with Quad 11L2 bookshelf speakers. While they are decent speakers, it could very well be that the beauty of the Cayin CDP did not really come out with these speakers (at about half the price of the CDP for a pair).

I hope I have not offended anybody, just wanted a genuine clarification.

i've chatted with a lot of guys that own these chinese amps and also read a lot of reviews. the one common thing that everyone had to say is that a) they performed as good if not better than any product 2-3 times their price and b) they had good build quality.

most of these brands also are big time into tubes and class a amplification. the class a amplifications poses a problem to indian buyers since they emit a lot of heat - 2 to 3 times the output. so playing in conditions above 35 degrees is not recommended if its high output on class a.

i personally will be buying one of these amps. just havent decided which one yet :)

apart from the brands mentioned theres also the jungson, classic and the dussun that are good.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back