Choosing between Wharfdale DX1 & Tannoy HTS 101

@Deepak,

I am using the same one for charging the batteries of my Walkie talkie set. Its functional and there is not advanced tech in it.. but youcan get this cheaper from a local electrical & hardware store. The MRP on these and Anchor products is very deceptive.. But the MK brand is very good and reliable..

Ash

I'm expecting the Panasonic 220 this weekend & just wanted to know if this step down is the correct one to use.

MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

Thanks!

Just wanted to add that the problem I was facing earlier is solved, the optical cable had to be replaced. The sound now is awesome!!
Instead of the amp just ordering the apple tv for airplay now.

enjoy buddy..you saved bucks...now u are a hero in home front...hehe.
ek treat to chayiye..jab milna..pila dena...:eek:hyeah:
i am very happy really...why buy new when can use existing..

Hi have finally shortlisted the above & need help in finalizing either.
My room is approx 200 sq ft & plan to use it with my existing Yamaha RX V 457.

The purpose is solely for movies & have a Panaconic LCD projector along with a Dalite 84" screen & a sony 46' led tv.
hi deepka,
have 17x10 ft living room want to have 5.1 HTS. movies +sound 60/40%. all wall mountables no Towers.

appreciate if u can help. I am in the same dilemma once u were in.
Looking for betn following for a 5.1 for my yamaha 471.

a]energy v-Mini BS speakers X4+V-miniCenter+ESW8 or 10 SUB or Velodyne Sub.
b]DX-1 Wharf's.
C]Paradigm 100ct.
D]Energy Cb-10+CC-10+CR-10+ ESW8 Sub.

Option a and d are more than 55k. my budget is max 48k.

Also if u had installed DX-1, if u don't mind can i visit ur place in mumbai and have personally auditioned. Also pl share the price u got it from which dealer.

Appreciate ur inputs.

Regds
Swapnile

I got mine from The Shop in Andheri (W) for 39,000/-. Spoke to them on the phone & had it dlvrd to my place. Tel: 26204710 26237588

You're welcome to demo it at my place (luckily my family is travelling currently).
I'm in Cuffe Parade. Lemme know when & we can fix up. Cheers!

I must mention one thing here:
The person delivered the speakers & installed them for me (drilling holes that's it)
But the sub-woofer settings on my amp were off (SO DID NOT WORK) & there was something with my optical out too. W'out checking this he told me that i'll prbbly nd to change my amp.

Luckily I was busy the next couple of days so could not order the 1713 (which I had finalized with the same dealer). Later I went through the brochure I downloaded off the net, corrected my settings (This was pointed out thanks to this forum)& it all worked fine. So do take care!

Btw if you are in the suburbs they do have a demo room at the sellers place too.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back