Cinema room setup

jjj777

Hello all! Im almost newbie, who decide to make a great cinema room. I need advices for audio, avr, player.
I think i will start with 5.1, and maybe upgrade in future.
I have a dedicated room 600x470x300 cm.
Budget- wide, 5k$ max.

My current research give me
Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack or Dali Oberon 5.1 Channel Home Theater System Oberon 7
Denon AVC-X3700H

We are sitting near back wall

Attachments

• photo_2023-02-20_16-02-32.jpg
    photo_2023-02-20_16-02-32.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 127
  • photo_2023-02-20_16-02-27.jpg
    photo_2023-02-20_16-02-27.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 126
Hello all! Im almost newbie, who decide to make a great cinema room. I need advices for audio, avr, player.
Budget- wide, 5k$ max.

Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Pack or Dali Oberon 5.1 Channel Home Theater System Oberon 7
Denon AVC-X3700H

Hi J,
Welcome to the forum.
That's a lovely room. :)

1. Both the QAs and the Dalis are more or less similar in characteristics. If anything, the QAs might be a little more on the neutral side than the Dalis. Though you can't go wrong with either, please do try and listen to them if possible.

2. About the Dalis, for some reason, I found the smaller 5s better than the bigger 7s. Another FM also had the same opinion. So, inside the family, the 5s are the kings. But considering the size of your room, you might have to go with the 7s nonetheless.

3. I have the 3700, and it is a good AVR. Also allows you to add more power later, due to your room size.

Trust this helps.
All the best.
Regards

Denon AVC-X3700H is a very good AVR You can go ahead.
Denon AVC-X3700H
Since you have 5k$ budget , you may try to get individual speakers rather than package.
I think in both options above, sub is slightly weak. You may check SVS 12" or Rhythmic 12" sub woofers.
+
In Dali itself, you can try to get better components within your budget. LCR + surround speakers. For your room size Towers will be better fit for LR speaker.
Cheers.

Budget- wide, 5k$ max.

Denon AVC-X3700H

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

With USD 5k budget, what all are you looking for? I see a Screen already there. Does this budget include the following?

• Projector
  • AVR
  • Speakers+ Subwoofer
  • Cables (Speaker wires / HDMI / Interconnects)
  • Blu Ray Player
If yes, please what dealers are offering (local dealers) as well as Online ones.

Share those options with us and we can further guide what would be the best.

Budget- wide, 5k$ max.

Denon AVC-X3700H

That is a great room. Just curious how come you have mounted your speakers so high and in the corners? I think you would get a lot better performance out of this room if you brought you speakers down towards your listening level and added some absorption panels in the ceiling and the back and side walls.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 4.38.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 4.38.48 PM.png
    369.9 KB · Views: 39
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back