Class D Amplifier

I use the same evaluation board with LRS-350-48. Never had any issues of circuit breakers tripping or anything like that.

Soft start circuits are recommended for for transformers of more than 500VA. Not sure whether they are required in SMPS
I was wiring it up and during tests it looked just fine to me. Just that now i read the specs, there is this thought that is lingering and i need to put it to rest.

I am using it for more than 2 years now without any issues
CLASS_D_AMP.jpg

This is how i am planning on the placement. I would have loved to have more space in the box, but need to make do with what i have. The thought is to keep the mains power line as far away from the input. The fan and the amp out are too close to my liking; but i feel it should not cause any issues. Any thoughts ?

View attachment 79321

This is how i am planning on the placement. I would have loved to have more space in the box, but need to make do with what i have. The thought is to keep the mains power line as far away from the input. The fan and the amp out are too close to my liking; but i feel it should not cause any issues. Any thoughts ?
I have placed them side by side. The amp is silent when not playing. As the input side is far from the SMPS, it should be fine

I had a query on connecting VU Meter driver to a class D amplifier.
1693456033629.png

if we connect the SMPS ground of main power amplifier to the SMPS ground of the VU Meter board, considering both are powered from the same mains, will it cause issues ? As i understand, SMPS do have HF transformers inside, but do they provide isolation ? The dotted line in the diagram is the area of concern. Would it be right to connect the 2 SMPS grounds ?

Last edited:
Finally, i completed the build. I know..it took 3 years :) . I have coupled this one with a valve pre-amplifier. The sound is good. I am happy with it. been listening to it for the past few days on my test speakers. There is a pop sound that the amp makes on power off. Hence a bit reluctant to connect it to the main speakers. This is how the completed build looks like

Attachments

• TPA3255.jpeg
    TPA3255.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 23
Back