Classic Indian amps of late 70's

I read somewhere (AV MAX article I guess) that they used Bolton 6" woofers for a model of their speakers which received good reviews in Europe. I guess the speakers were 1-3 lacs (I could be wrong)

Hi Sarith :)

No you are not wrong abt the price the starting price was 1.5 lakhs, Prices also depended on the real wood veneer finish options they offered.

Yes jls001 Back then they did used bolton 8" & 6" Fullrange drivers, few years back Bolton company was closed:sad: I spoke to their company Manager but she could not give

me the All india distributor/dealers info otherwise I would have built my own TL's, so no way anyone now could be using their speakers in Brand new High End products.

Last edited:
Hi all, here are the scanned pictures of COSMIC hifi components sold during late 1970's. I got this product brochure from a COSMIC dealer in 1980, i still have it. They had excellent Amp & turntable range, i had CO-60 markII for many years.

Cosmic_amprange01.jpg

Cosmic_amprange02.jpg

Cosmic_minilab.jpg

Cosmic_casettedecks.jpg
good wrk anil wrked with cosmic for 20 yrs i dumped everything reminds of old days

good wrk anil wrked with cosmic for 20 yrs i dumped everything reminds of old days

Its very Nice knowing you worked for Cosmic for two decades Sir.:cheers:

:confused:But why did you dumped everything ? I guess some of them must be in working condition Right pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Best Regards

Thank you so much Anil for sharing these rare brochures :) I have been hunting Cosmic 4000 for quite sometime... The info in the brochues helps a lot

All the links in this thread, of the cosmic catalogs are not viewable/downloadable anymore.

If someone has copies of them, please can you upload them again

Anyway people still swear by arphi speakers!!I've seen one with elaborate wood carved grill! I think the drivers were 15"not 12 and sound was rocking!

BTW I heard a lot about a Sikh Getelman in dadar ( central mumbai) who was expert in speakers building-especially 12 inch woofer one! k was told tht this guy is keeping the legacy of arphi alive ! Now any member can throw any light if this gentelman still functioning? Who is he?I heard similar stories about a parsee gentelman ...

Resurrecting an old thread

Does anyone know who the Singh gentleman is and his location and contact details?

Old 'Electronics for you' magazine had lots of Cosmic Ads with specifications. Sonodyne too if I remember. See if any one has kept these old magazines.
Regards.

All the links in this thread, of the cosmic catalogs are not viewable/downloadable anymore.

If someone has copies of them, please can you upload them again

Bump!!!

Anyone has copies of the Cosmic and Arphi brochures posted in this thread earlier?

hi there guys
reviving this old thread.
wanted to know something about a cosmic solid state amplifier model - CD 60 Deluxe MK II.
is this amplifier any good and what is the output in RMS
regards

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-03-13 at 16.34.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-13 at 16.34.35.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 76
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-03-13 at 16.35.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-13 at 16.35.06.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 76
hi there guys
reviving this old thread.
wanted to know something about a cosmic solid state amplifier model - CD 60 Deluxe MK II.
is this amplifier any good and what is the output in RMS
regards

If everything is original inside then it's Good
Especially the Controls/Pots
It's rated 12 wpc at 4 ohm.

hi anil hows ur vintage collection
i am a cosmic fan wanted to know does the old cosmic lab 3000 , lab 5000 and lab 6000 gives the same sound quality i know that it is 50, 75, 150 rms at 4 ohms but in 3000 and 6000 i heard that the old lab 3000 gives a beautiful quality 6000 is also good but has only loudness
a hav a co 100 old steel dial but not exact matching spk but hav c0vox 6000 spk cosmic new bought in 2001 i am dying to hav lab 3000 amp old with small vu meters for phono stage
more inputs and great looks i too hav my 32 yrs old co 40 and 1500 spk
i know the service technician working 4 25 yrs for cosmic he tells me no diff betwn lab 3000 and 5000 but i strongly fell that old lab 3000 is the best with covox 4500 spk i hav my vintage collection from gramophone to blu ray player 78 rec reel projector elmo st 800 garard tts philips stereo valve radio
old vintage wall clocks .kenwood kt 815 tuner and so on
bye all
love u enjoy hurraaaa
having a catalogue of cosmic year 1984.

Well sorry the model is "Spectrum 7000" (70W @ 8Ohm) and not Venus

Rest of the datails are same

Regards

Yatin
Good speakers the spectrum series were. I had the 3 way spectrum 5000 with metal dome tweeter, a midrange and a 10 or 12 inch(dont remember) woofer in a sealed cabinet. The cabinet was strong and heavy as hell.

I remember them being rated at 100 watts and the amp I used was Sonodyne SC 5030 rated at 90 watts a side.

Thanks for the information. The only HMV direct drive turntable that I've seen seemed much above the usual BSR standards. It had a rock solid plinth and a well designed platter and came with an Audio Technica (I don't remember the number) cartridge.

Regards.
Was this the EMI Sonic model ?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back