cleaning of AV Gear

Yeah... a Jockey/Hans even a VIP frenchie won't hurt! :eek:hyeah:

3 year old thread ???? pretty intresting one though.. those used banyan are the softest but more than my AV gear they are used to polish my motorcycles and car...

av gear gets pampered by microfibre these days..

I also use old baniyans. But since sometime, I've started using microfibre cloth for fine detailing while baniyan is now used for overall light cleaning. Sometimes, Colin is used with baniyan cloth to clean stubborn grease stains.

I use silicon solvent on equipment and I have seen less dust on them.........

I have the feeling that a slightly damp cloth scoops up dirt the best.. The dust and dirt simply stick to the damp cloth and will not fly about. Later, we can simply wash the cloth. If it is of the right dampness, it is totally safe and the moisture dries up in no time flat.
So try a slightly damp cloth and see.
Generally audiophiles around the world, I have heard of, dont regularly dust their stuff for fear of damaging the delicate components and cables. A famous manufacturer of active speakers and church organs once told me that If you dont touch a dusty area then, the difference in colors between the dirty/non-dirty areas is not apparent and damages due to frequent moving and wiping will be a thing of the past.

A little dust is harmless, according to him.

Cleaning once in 2-3 months will suffice enough.

Try and see being careful not to disturb the dust and leaving patches in the dusty area therefore being compelled to clean the touched areas.:lol:
Yours,

Subcenter2009

I have the feeling that a slightly damp cloth scoops up dirt the best.. The dust and dirt simply stick to the damp cloth and will not fly about.
The problem is that dust + moister = mud and that mud sticks in corners, textures, tiny scratches.

Two answers:

1. Vacuum, using a soft brush attachment.

2. Microfibre cloth, which scoops up dust when it is dry. It also gets it out of microscopic scratches.

For serious cleaning, eg greesy marks and fingerprints, if an mf cloth fails, use it slightly moist. That's moist as in dry. Just touch a moist surface with it and you'll get enough moisture to clean with.

Microfibre is wonderful :D

:eek: Did I say all this before? It is my regular microfibre recitation! :lol:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back