Cleaning Plasma screen

binoymehra

I have a 42 inch Pana Plasma . There is every day some dust accumulation on the screen. What is the safest cloth to use for cleaning the glass. The supplied small piece was a small one lint free cotton.
Please give suggestion . Can a thin cotton cloth white like handkerchief be used?
Whether the class should normally be dusted dry?

I use a old Banian cloth and wipe it gently. If finger prints are there, i spot clean that area gently. If u have very very stubborn marks, spray little collins on the banian cloth and gently wipe.

Ensure the screen is not hot, I usually ensure I clean early morning before switching on the TV

apart from what madbullram as said,u can also use a vaccum cleaner in BLOW mode.it takes out most of the dust in the screen,u still have to use a cloth.but mainly clean the electronics i.e aim the vaccum cleaner nozzle into the air wents,atleast once a year for people living in a dusty and hot environment its better to clean more often for better life of plasma or a lcd.

don't forget while plasma and lcds have realy long panel life,the same cannot be said for the electronics like power supply.

There is a Lint Free, Anti-Static, Microfliament special LCD / Plasma cleaning cloth from iCLENE. It is really good and they claim the cloth effectively even catches microns thick dust particles.

Have purchased one and works really well on my electronic equipment. This is for the screen though.

For vents etc. at the back of the Plasma / LCD TV, as mentioned by adder a Hand Vac with blower should work well as required, once or twice annually.

"There is a Lint Free, Anti-Static, Microfliament special LCD / Plasma cleaning cloth from iCLENE. It is really good and they claim the cloth effectively even catches microns thick dust particles."

Where from iclene can be bought?

"There is a Lint Free, Anti-Static, Microfliament special LCD / Plasma cleaning cloth from iCLENE. It is really good and they claim the cloth effectively even catches microns thick dust particles."

Where from iclene can be bought?

Purchased it from the stationary section, of Landmark store.

Its always, better to use a soft anti static cloth, to clean the screen, but once a month, one should clean the flat panels/computer screens, etc, through the available, anti static cleaners...
There are many such cleaners available in the market with 50-100 swabs and solution, ranging from Rs.500 - Rs.3000...
One of them is Milty, which is quite good, even i am using the same...
It costed me Rs.700 for the small pack...

A lint free anti static cloth is made by many companies. I brought 1 recently. Can be bought by any big stationary shop in your area.

PS: Can cleaning vents with vacuum cleaner in any way affect the inside parts becoz of high pressure even when we do it in BLOW mode?? :confused:

PS: Can cleaning vents with vacuum cleaner in any way affect the inside parts becoz of high pressure even when we do it in BLOW mode?? :confused:

no it won't,i have cleaned this way for then 10years in my tvs and other elecronic device including a desktop.
unless off course u have a really high pressure industrail use blower.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back