Cloning DVD - problem with DVD dirve

DVD FAb platinum is the best - one stop shop for your requirements. Some time the newer DVDs have better encryption methods hence it fails - next best option is DVD decrypter which atleats removes the region coding for 90%of the cases.

I resort to ANY DVD only if anything else fails - just had to once during the copy process of my Dil Chahta Hain DVD - somehow everthing else failed to break the region code - i got it from dubai.

Hi Mahi,

I tried using clonedvd.When i try to copy the main movie, it just create the directories and files within a minute and says the action is complete. Also the settings tab is disabled in the software.

Thanks,
Prakash.

steps to follow

1)insert original disk in ur dvd drive
2)open clone dvd s/w and give the path of dvd drive in the source in the top left side of s/w
3)now it will detect ur dvd and will show chapters,sub,audio etc.(please tick whatever u like to copy)
4)now if u want to store movie on ur hard disk then provide target drive of ur hdd in the target(situated in the top mid of s/w) and select image or movie(in "copy as" situated in top right of s/w) file depending on ur choice and then press start.
not sure why your setting tab is disabled did u selected to save image file?
did u followed same procedure?
and please do check out clone dvd help for ur problem.

Last edited:
Mine is Matshitha UJ 832S drive and it has now locked to region 5. rpc1 forum says Matshita is very difficult to crack and there is no solution to it :(
The Firmware Page • View topic - Matshita / Matsushita / Panasonic drive owners >>>

even no software can help here.

I am planning to go for an external drive.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Reinstalling XP will help. Just reinstall without loss of data, or else copy valuable content and/or take backup. It's worked for me...

Hi Prakasse,

If you're burning the dvd you should either shrink the dvd to fit a normal dvd or use a dual layer. if the latter is the case, do uncheck the "remove layer break" in the settings of dvdfab. This would result in dvdfab generating a file giving you the layer break sector. You should manually enter this info into the burning software - if you want a successful burn.

Nitin.

Hi Nitin,

How do i manually enter this layer break info in to Nero?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi Nitin,

How do i manually enter this layer break info in to Nero?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Hi Prakash,

I'm afraid you can't do that in Nero. I'd suggest you to use imgburn which is a free dvd image burning software.
You do have an option to set the layer break in imgburn.

Nero is never a good s/w when it comes to burning a dvd-video in DL. It wont be able to set the layer break correctly and the process fails miserably.
I've lost several DVD+R DLs in this manner.

Good Luck,

Nitin.

Hi Friends,

I am trying to copy a original DVD. I used DVD decrypter and it says my dvd drive is region 5 whereas the dvd disc is region 3. So it is not ripping off the contents.

I have changed the dvd drive region 5 times and no more i can change it. The option is disabled now and i use WinXP.

I am using DVDFAb to copy the main movie, normally it takes 20 mins to copy the movie, but because of this media region and dvd region mismatch it shows it will take 100 mins. Can you help me here?

How can i change my media drive region? the option is currently disabled.

Any other option that would help me here.

Thanks,
Prakash.

hi, give any dvd a try ,it was available as atrail version at dvdidle.com or slysoft.com there was also a region free software which i have installed ages ago and its still going great,and the newer version of dvdfabHD has never failed to decrypt (includes all the newer titles too)

I use DVD 43 DECRYPTION SOFTWARE FOR CRACKING ORIGINAL DVD and then use DVD Shrink to clone the original dvd to hard disk and then to a
DVD-R.
:)

Hi,

I got a Sony DRU 820A dvd drive. I am planning to get an external casing and use it for ripping my original dvd's by connecting to my laptop. This drive has ATAPI/EIDE interface and not SATA.

I wanted to make sure if this sony drive can be made region free through firmware or softwares coz already my laptop drive[matshitha - no rpc firmware available] is region locked and i can now rip only region 5 dvd's.

Anyone using this sony dvd drive?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Shall try to hunt for it.

But it would have been easier buying drives for which you already know region free firmwares are available:p

Hi,

I have faced the same issue with my LG dvd writer. Luckily i could get the firmware patch from the net(google "region free frirmware patch"). I patched the firmware and updated it, and working fine with now.

Cheers,
Sudhish.

Can I ask why you need region free firmwares for these? Are you planning to buy them? Then what about the Sony 820 drive?

Reju,

I got this Sony 820 drive from my friend. But it doesn't have rpc1 or may be i am not able to locate it?

I am looking for region free firmwares as i have dvd's of region 5, 3 and 2's.

If i don't use rpc1 firmware then i can modify the region only 5 times and then it will lock.

So i was thinking if i can use the sony 820 or shd i purchase sh203[ i see rpc firmware available for this samsung drive in rpc forum]

Thanks,
Prakash

Spiro,

But even BenQ DW1670 doesn't have rpc1 firmware. So still your sony 820 will have region code embedded in firmware.

BTW did you cross flash? did it work well? did the corss flash made sony 820 region free?

Thanks,
Prakash

I did nothing as my prob get solved with different SW/MP.
I needed to just play other reg DVD & vlc player doing that.

Whats your purpose?

I did nothing as my prob get solved with different SW/MP.
I needed to just play other reg DVD & vlc player doing that.

Whats your purpose?

Spiro, My purpose is to rip the original DVD's, clone and take backup in to hard disk.

But when the dvd region and media region are mismatched the riping doesn't take properly and its too slow.

What is the SW/MP route that you took? can you elaborate.

BTW have you written DL dvd disk using this 820 drive? how is the quality and reliability?

Thanks,
Prakash.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back