Coaxial out to sub woofer?

wallet.findo

I have a Samsung bluray player and a JBL active sub woofer. My question is what will be the result if I connect coaxial out of my bluray player to line in of my active subwoofer.

Sorry guys the question might sound dumb, am new to AV.
Jus curious to know.

Subwoofer requires separate line out from the input. Otherwise you will listen all the voice and music in the subwoofer which is not good.

And coaxial output comes with all the lines in one input. You need a switch kind of middle man in between.

Coaxial is digital out and carry stereo and multi channel audio in digital form only.Whereas
subwoofer need decoded ,dedicated analog signal which has low frequencies.

Thankyou very much for that information, is thare a way I could separate the stero, multichannel and the low frequency so that I can plug it to my active sub. Any advice on a device that I could use to do the job.

Do any of your devices have an RCA audio output? If yes you can see if that will work. I use one on my Benq TV to connect my sub. It allows me to use my tinny TV speakers augmented by a sub.

I have a onkyo HTR390 receiver which doesn't have a pre out now if connect to the digital in of the receiver how do I connect the sub.

If bluray player has stereo (left,right)out and subwoofer has line level in/out,you can connect bluray player Lt,Rt(red,white)channels to stereo line in of subwoofer,which will separate low frequencies and connect line out to stereo amp.
So SW will play low frequencies and stereo amp the rest.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back