Compact sub with speaker level in and out.

These are quite expensive. Try Blue Rigger. 900 bucks for 15 feet cable.
I sent him a few links including a Dhivis in there - but I think at this point he is too impatient to wait for amazon delivery so it will be a local purchase tomorrow morning as soon as the shops open. So let's see what he gets tomorrow.

**on a more serious note - I have sent him a bunch of texts explaining that at this point the cable and the connection type should be the second/third priority. He needs to find the perfect position for the sub (he bought for 9K BTW I believe retail is around 20); and that will take a while, he sounded a lot more convinced so hoping this will ease him up a bit. HOPING!

In your first post you mentioned a decent budget of 1L.
Experimenting with a 9K sub is a good way to start (minus expensive cables of course).
This will give a feel for what a sub can bring to the game.
After which he should consider a REL T-Zero or T5 seriously.
I've read that PSB also has some nice compact models, not heard them though.
Cheers,
Raghu

In your first post you mentioned a decent budget of 1L.
Experimenting with a 9K sub is a good way to start (minus expensive cables of course).
Yup exactly - a saving grace that it is a fairly cheap experiment. I hope he gets over the connection type eventually and focuses more on the end result. I also really want to send him the pain Love4Sound went thru integrating his subs, but a bit scared about showing him this forums way - just in case he eventually gets to this post (if he hasn't already) :p.

Regardless - I have requested him to try both RCA (his way) and a single sub out from his node 2i to see the real difference with the connections at each location and go with what he prefers, regardless of what 'the Paul' says.

Last edited:
Yup exactly - a saving grace that it is a fairly cheap experiment. I hope he gets over the connection type eventually and focuses more on the end result. I also really want to send him the pain Love4Sound went thru integrating his subs, but a bit scared about showing him this forums way - just in case he eventually gets to this post (if he hasn't already) :p.

Regardless - I have requested him to try both RCA (his way) and a single sub out from his node 2i to see the real difference with the connections at each location and go with what he prefers, regardless of what 'the Paul' says.
Paul is a big fan of REL
Maybe reminding your BiL of this might help?

Last edited:
Paul is a big fan of REL
Maybe reminding your BiL of this might help?
Interesting - I just went over a few of 'The Paul's' videos on subwoofer connection and there is nothing about high level in and out - only about the in :) I think either our man has misunderstood or has gone deeper in forums to add the "out part". Sent him all of the ones I found including the one you sent. Let 'The Paul' guide him.

Just found this -
and sent this to him - waiting for reaction and realisation.

Last edited:
Like I predicted the following have been procured locally -
2 - 5 MTR - RCA dual cables for in and out
1 single RCA to dual RCA to try with node 2i.

** Also he says he has seen all this and there is no misunderstanding - in & out is the ideal way - 'The Paul' has been overshadowed by Ze Student.

After over three hours of fiddling about - with connections and settings and placement - the current verdict is -
1 - The sound thru the RCA in & Out of the sub is acceptable - boomy but acceptable - but strange artefacts are added to the sound - khis khis, phus phus is what he said. Could be the cables could be the subwoofer's internal Xover.
2 - The sound thru the node 2i out to sub8 helps with removing the boom - Xover at 100HZ from the node 2i and gain of -5Db is where it sounds the most pleasant and the best. However not satisfactory - as the bass is still un-controlled. Listenable for the time being but not liveable with for long term.

However - with this experiment the good that has come out is - that he has found a place to put the sub, between the speakers towards the left speaker, a little behind the speaker horizontal plane. He has finally accepted - that given the current state of affairs in Subwoofer manufacturing and consumer centric models and his budget limitation he will have to give up on the High level in and outs till he can have enough money to buy a TOTL sub with one.

SO...... he is back in the market - for a sub with Subwoofer/LFE in to connect with node as that was the best result in the end but he wants to avoid Y splitter. Only High level in will still not work as there is no way to remove the frequency overlap completely.

I have suggested him to look at - REL T0 & T5 as they have the option to do a sub in, KEF KC62, SVS micro 3000 and Velodyne Micro VEE

And with this I formally conclude this thread - for real this time as I can't contribute anymore to the joy of the followers of this thread - as now it is all the drab drag of day today fiddling - and as I do not have any more suggestions to give him.

Interesting - I just went over a few of 'The Paul's' videos on subwoofer connection and there is nothing about high level in and out - only about the in :) I think either our man has misunderstood or has gone deeper in forums to add the "out part". Sent him all of the ones I found including the one you sent. Let 'The Paul' guide him.

Just found this -
and sent this to him - waiting for reaction and realisation.
REL does not recommend speaker level connections to their sub exactly for the reasons that Paul mentions in his video.

Back