compare 7.1 polk tsx with7.1 jbl studio

ravithej

Hello All,

I am planning to get home theater system and my dealer initially gave a quote for polk tsx. Latter he said that JBL studio is much better than polk tsx and the reason he gave was drivers are uptodate. I don't know what that really meant. But I just want you all give some feedback.

My dedicated home theater room dimensions: 22ft(length) and width 14ft.
purpose: Mostly movie or tv watching.

Polk configuation and quote:
polk psw sub - 34000
polk tsx 550-62000 (2)
polk tsx 250-20000 (1)
polk tsx 220b -28000 ( 2pairs)

JBL configuration and quote:
Front left and right towers two nose jbl studio 270 cost 50,000
Center channel speaker one nose jbl studio 225 cost 18,000
Surround and back surround speakers jbl stidio210 cost 50,000
Four nose
Powered sub woofer one nose jbl studio 250 cost 35,000

Speakers - JBL

One silly doubt: In company website I see Jbl studio 270 each costs for 50,000. But in quote he mentioned entire pair costs as 50,000. I didn't ask dealer this question because I thought that if I mention it he will charge more.

Also If any one has JBL surround sound please share your experiences

JBL price is per pair. Speaker drivers are not like software drivers to get outdated. Dealer may be getting more commission for selling JBLs.
Have heard the Polk TSX. They are quite OK for movies when paired with a decent AVR. No idea about how JBL sounds. Listen and decide what sounds good to your ears.
The prices for both Polk and JBL are MRP. Hope you are negotiating for a discount on the package; at least 15%. If buying AVR from same dealer bargain hard.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hi

JBLs supposedly work well for music and movies....again all depends on which AVR you will be using....best to audition with your own music as much as possible and trust your ears.....all the best.

Hello All,

I am planning to get home theater system and my dealer initially gave a quote for polk tsx. Latter he said that JBL studio is much better than polk tsx and the reason he gave was drivers are uptodate. I don't know what that really meant. But I just want you all give some feedback.

My dedicated home theater room dimensions: 22ft(length) and width 14ft.
purpose: Mostly movie or tv watching.

Polk configuation and quote:
polk psw sub - 34000
polk tsx 550-62000 (2)
polk tsx 250-20000 (1)
polk tsx 220b -28000 ( 2pairs)

JBL configuration and quote:
Front left and right towers two nose jbl studio 270 cost 50,000
Center channel speaker one nose jbl studio 225 cost 18,000
Surround and back surround speakers jbl stidio210 cost 50,000
Four nose
Powered sub woofer one nose jbl studio 250 cost 35,000

Speakers - JBL

One silly doubt: In company website I see Jbl studio 270 each costs for 50,000. But in quote he mentioned entire pair costs as 50,000. I didn't ask dealer this question because I thought that if I mention it he will charge more.

Also If any one has JBL surround sound please share your experiences
Hello dear, I bought Jbl 280 just a month back. I have connected these to Denon x1200w. I am very happy with the jbl.

My another set up comprises of Yamaha rx v477 where I am using jbl 250 p subwoofer along with Yamaha 8390 and Ns p60 speakers. Highly satisfied with jbl subwoofer too.

Audition is the best way you can clear your doubt. Also you can try with a different subwoofer from svs lineup. Check for some other brands as well like dali, wharfedale, etc. Nothing bad with the choice which you have made, but your budget is quite good it seems and you will have many choices to choose from. Also you would need a capable 7.1 reciever for the setup which would start at around 50-60k. Add a media player or bluray player to it and cables extra to it.
Also are you planning for a projector to be installed since its a dedicated room?

Hello dear, I bought Jbl 280 just a month back. I have connected these to Denon x1200w. I am very happy with the jbl.

My another set up comprises of Yamaha rx v477 where I am using jbl 250 p subwoofer along with Yamaha 8390 and Ns p60 speakers. Highly satisfied with jbl subwoofer too.

Hi May I please know the approx price you paid for jbl 280 setup. Or what is percent of discount you got on msrp.

Hi May I please know the approx price you paid for jbl 280 setup. Or what is percent of discount you got on msrp.
Hi, I managed to take 14 percent discount on JBL 280.
I am yet to add surround speakers and subwoofer in this setup. I will go for jbl 260p for subwoofer but for surrounds I am little confused as the specifications of Yamaha Ns p60 are much better than jbl 210 and 225. What have you in mind for surround speakers ?

Hi, I managed to take 14 percent discount on JBL 280.
I am yet to add surround speakers and subwoofer in this setup. I will go for jbl 260p for subwoofer but for surrounds I am little confused as the specifications of Yamaha Ns p60 are much better than jbl 210 and 225. What have you in mind for surround speakers ?

Surround and back surround speakers jbl stidio210--- cost 50,000

Audition is the best way you can clear your doubt. Also you can try with a different subwoofer from svs lineup. Check for some other brands as well like dali, wharfedale, etc. Nothing bad with the choice which you have made, but your budget is quite good it seems and you will have many choices to choose from. Also you would need a capable 7.1 reciever for the setup which would start at around 50-60k. Add a media player or bluray player to it and cables extra to it.
Also are you planning for a projector to be installed since its a dedicated room?

Hey Can I ask approx. What percentage discount you got on the Polk System?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back