Compare Sherwood with Technics

ranadatta

HI. How would one compare the Sherwood PM 9805 with the Technics SL-1210 MK2 or (MK3). ....

Thanks now I know which one to go for. In Mumbai where can I buy the 1210 and what would it cost me.

Last edited:
I do not too much about Sherwood turntable. Looked up on the net. Two things came across:

a. Sherwood is a belt drive turntable vis-a-vis Technics which is direct drive.
b. Sherwood TT seems to weigh around 5.5 kgs, whereas Technics weighs 12.5 kgs.

There is not much info on the Sherwood, other than a very sketchy one....

Cheers!

HI. How would one compare the Sherwood PM 9805 with the Technics SL-1210 MK2 or (MK3).

Sherwood, firstly is light. Technics is a heavy table. The SL 1210 mk2 & 3 tables are professional DJ TT's.

I personally haven't heard the Sherwood TTs so I can't comment on their performance. But, I own a Technics SL 1300 from the 70s (mind you!).

And I can vouch for their build! Mine's lasted the family for over 34 years! It plays beautifully. I use it everyday. The sound too is great and wouldn't want to trade it for the budget TT's that one gets off the shelf these a days - the rega's, etc.

If I go by the reviews of the SL 1300 of the 70s, The Sl 1300 is the slightly cheaper version of the Sl 1200 an 1210. It was meant for home use as against the other two.

The difference was the price and that was because the 1200 and 1210 has reinforced platters and stronger materials to enable transportation for the DJs.

So basically the Technics Sl 1210's are great on sound and are very very rugged. They're built to last.

So when you buy one, you'll listen to a great sounding TT for a very, very, very, long time.

That I can vouch for!

Sherwood, firstly is light. Technics is a heavy table. The SL 1210 mk2 & 3 tables are professional DJ TT's.

I personally haven't heard the Sherwood TTs so I can't comment on their performance. But, I own a Technics SL 1300 from the 70s (mind you!).

And I can vouch for their build! Mine's lasted the family for over 34 years! It plays beautifully. I use it everyday. The sound too is great and wouldn't want to trade it for the budget TT's that one gets off the shelf these a days - the rega's, etc.

If I go by the reviews of the SL 1300 of the 70s, The Sl 1300 is the slightly cheaper version of the Sl 1200 an 1210. It was meant for home use as against the other two.

The difference was the price and that was because the 1200 and 1210 has reinforced platters and stronger materials to enable transportation for the DJs.

So basically the Technics Sl 1210's are great on sound and are very very rugged. They're built to last.

So when you buy one, you'll listen to a great sounding TT for a very, very, very, long time.

That I can vouch for!

I fully agree regarding SL-1200. I have a SL-1210 that is bought recently. Outstanding piece of engineering.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back