Comprehensive Audio Setup Required: Please Help

HeadElastico

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. Just to give you some background - I am moving houses soon and am want to set up my AV systems in the room.

Now, I do not know anything about the audio video space and hence thought I would reach out to the experts here! This is my setup:-

I want to setup the home theater in my bedroom. The dimensions are fairly small (~10x13). I plan on using a 42 inch 4K/UHD TV.

I have a PS4 console, a Tata Sky and a Laptop. Basically, I would like to have a 5.1 system with all of these seamlessly connected to my system. Aside from this, I would like to play music from my phone/ipod, preferrably wirelessly and have it play directly through my speakers.

Now, I have read about AV receivers, HTIB's, etc. and it is quite overwhelming, to be honest.

I am looking to keep the budget to about 25-30k. In this budget, I believe HTIB's would be the best bet, but can someone please guide me on how to go about this?

Key Requirements:-

1.) Easy connectivity to my devices with me being able to play music directly over wifi or bluetooth
2.) I want the entire setup to be 4k ready
3.) I am not an audiophile; obviously I want the setup to sound good, but I am not looking for bleeding edge sound as I probably wouldn't recognize it, even if it hit me
4.) Require a fairly compact system; can compromise on power since it is a small room, so being able to shake my neighbours floor isn't a priority

Keeping this in mind, please suggest how I should go about this. Should i buy an AV receiver and get 5.1 speakers separately, or does an HTIB make the most sense? If so, please suggest which one would be the best fit for me.

Help is greatly appreciated.:)

Hi
Welcome to the A/V world
HTIBs are a great way to start the journey - simple and uncomplicated
HTIBs focus more on movies and 5.1 rather than music - so currently they will suit you just fine. When you develop ears for better sound, you can consider going for separate amplifiers and speakers

As for recommendations, you can walk into any Croma, Reliance Digital and check the models available in Philips, Sony, Samsung etc
(For HTIBs, the models keep changing frequently, unlike hifi speakers/amplifiers - hence there is no fixed recommendation)

Simple googling suggests this model from Philips
5.1 3D Blu-ray Home theater HTB5540D/94 | Philips
This is in your budget, has USB, Bluetooth, WiFi
Rear speakers are wireless, so setting up is hassle free
Can take in two more HDMI plus optical-in, so you can connect your PS4, Tata Sky or Laptop through either HDMI or optical

Hi
Welcome to the A/V world
HTIBs are a great way to start the journey - simple and uncomplicated
HTIBs focus more on movies and 5.1 rather than music - so currently they will suit you just fine. When you develop ears for better sound, you can consider going for separate amplifiers and speakers

As for recommendations, you can walk into any Croma, Reliance Digital and check the models available in Philips, Sony, Samsung etc
(For HTIBs, the models keep changing frequently, unlike hifi speakers/amplifiers - hence there is no fixed recommendation)

Simple googling suggests this model from Philips
5.1 3D Blu-ray Home theater HTB5540D/94 | Philips
This is in your budget, has USB, Bluetooth, WiFi
Rear speakers are wireless, so setting up is hassle free
Can take in two more HDMI plus optical-in, so you can connect your PS4, Tata Sky or Laptop through either HDMI or optical

Hi grunthos, thanks for the reply!

Regarding the suggestion you made, that seems to be perfect, except for the fact that it was tower speakers! The way my room is shaped, there is just no space for tower speakers, so need something horizontal.

Over the last few days I've done some research; I found a shop that has a demo room and supplies Yamaha, etc. He was pushing the YHT-1810 on me. I like it, and it seems to be in budget.

On a side note - I currently own a really old Harman Kardon amplifier which my dad bought, probably 12 years back. I have sent it to that guy to check if it works; he suggests that I buy the Yamaha NS-P40 speaker set in case the amp is in working condition.

While in the middle of all this, I stumbled onto the Philips Fidelio B5 soundbar, which also seems like a good option.

The problem is, if I'm installing an HTIB, I would love a consultant (that this guy seems to be) to help out with installation, calibration etc. However, because he provides all this he seems to be expensive. He is quoting INR 35k for the 1810, whereas I am able to find it in Amazon and even at Reliance Digital for about 29k. So I'm not sure what to do..

Any thoughts on all of this? :)

Hi,

Typically for installation, the tech guy would charge anything between 500-1000

Go to reliance and check all features and functions...then buy it if cheaper....

Ensure that what you purchase now meets your requirements (4k, HDMI ports/ etc etc)

Budget a challenge? See For sale by owner section or hifiads.com

Hi,

Typically for installation, the tech guy would charge anything between 500-1000

Go to reliance and check all features and functions...then buy it if cheaper....

Ensure that what you purchase now meets your requirements (4k, HDMI ports/ etc etc)

Budget a challenge? See For sale by owner section or hifiads.com

Can you tell me one thing - When you buy a , lets say, Yamaha HTIB from Reliance Digital - will a Yamaha guy come for the installation or a Reliance guy?

Hi

I am not sure as I have never purchased from Reliance ever.....I always made my purchases through dealers I know around the area....

You can always check if they do and if there are any charges....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back