Compro Network Media Centre NMC 950 - @ Rs. 5K

god2007

What is the opinion of other members on this media player. It is seen that it has great many options that are found in higher priced players and costs only Rs. 5K . I have an internal TV tuner card by compro, for the last 6 years that is still working perfectly. So in my opinion copro is a reliable company. But what about media players ?

Compro VideoMate Network Media Center 950 | eBay

A review:

Compro VideoMate Network Media Center 950 Review < Media Players Accessories Review, Price, Features, Specs, User Opinions < PC World India Reviews< PCWorld.in

How it is comparable with Asus O'Play Mini HD Media Player and Measy A1HD Full 1080P Mini Media Player, in terms of VFM and use. ( Bittorrents and networking are not essential. But having internal HDD facility is good option)

EDITED: The player do not upscale SD to HD.

Last edited:
What is the opinion of other members on this media player. It is seen that it has great many options that are found in higher priced players and costs only Rs. 5K . I have an internal TV tuner card by compro, for the last 6 years that is still working perfectly. So in my opinion copro is a reliable company. But what about media players ?

Compro VideoMate Network Media Center 950 | eBay

A review:

Compro VideoMate Network Media Center 950 Review < Media Players Accessories Review, Price, Features, Specs, User Opinions < PC World India Reviews< PCWorld.in

How it is comparable with Asus O'Play Mini HD Media Player and Measy A1HD Full 1080P Mini Media Player, in terms of VFM and use. ( Bittorrents and networking are not essential. But having internal HDD facility is good option)

EDITED: The player do not upscale SD to HD.

you want to try to get a HD media player with support for all formats. I dont think this one has support for dolby truHD and DTS HD.

Looks good for 5k, plus Diwali discount. Add an Hdmi cable and a wifi dongle and it seems to do everything (except the dolby truHD and DTS HD function which may be handled by pass through to the AVR?).

Very few online reviews and info though. The reviews peg it at 9k, yet the seller is offering it at 5k.

Is it lacking any major feature like firmware updates, chipset or reliability issues?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back