finally the perfect soln!!!

harsh247

Hi guys!

I have been on the hunt for the perfect setup. at least for my kind of setup and i feel i have hit the spot!
so lemme layout the setup first.
I have a avr/ps3/measy media player/tv in my bedroom.
I have a pc in my other bedroom where i dl and store all my stuff

my media players been giving me trouble so i needed some other solution. Also i wanted a NAS like device so i wouldnt have to have my pc on all the time.

There's a new product thats been launched off late. The WD MYCLOUD. it comes in 3 versions, 2/3/4 TB. This is a Network hard drive just like the WD MYBOOK but with additional personal cloud features.

I have bought the 3tb version for 11887 from flipkart. hooked up to my router, and transferred all my media there. I'd also like to mention that my rooms are wired so wireless is not an issue. I have been reading alot of mixed reviews for the raspberry pi, streaming speeds and so forth. but i decided to give that a try. got it for 3500 odd. installed xbian on it (wanted openolec but post installation touble made me switch to xbian). It took me a while to figure out the cec/hdmi settings but got tht in order.

Now i have exactly what i need. a proper media center + nas - extra remote for my use. The rasp works beautifully and is very smooth. the interface as well as the streaming. i was sick of the scrolling through my whole library. Also the best part is that this is by far the cheapest solution there is, and honestly i am very happy using it! ive also got ted talks, hd trailers etc installed. small bonuses ;) :D

i am going to try using a wireless dongle next just for the heck of it. also my sony led is an entry lvl unit. No dnla etc. the WDMYCLOUD does support dnla streaming so tht is a bonus too.

any queries questions etc, pls feel free to ask :)

finally very happy! hehehhe

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back