Wiim mini/Pro vs a good Bluetooth receiver for use with an integrated amplifier

chander147

Hello All,

I am going for a hifi system consisting of an integrated amplifier and bookshelf speakers. Since most of the music listening will be from streaming services like Spotify, Amazon Music and youtube, I have been suggested by forum members to go for something like a Marantz PM6007 integrated amplifier with a suitable streaming option. Which one of the below two options would work better with such an integrated amplifier as these options are similar in price point:
a) A Wiim mini or Wiim pro as the streamer with the integrated amplifier. Here one would need to use the Wiim app to access the various streaming services.
b) A good Bluetooth receiver with all the hi-fi codecs like LDAC etc. so that streaming can be done from phone using the streaming apps of Spotify etc. Although Bluetooth is supposed to significantly compromise the sound quality, I saw some nice reviews of Bluetooth receivers like Auris Blue and Ifi zen blue. Would using such a Bluetooth receiver with the integrated amplifier would be as good as using the streamer? This option seems more ewasy to use, especially for senior citizens.

Thanks

This option seems more ewasy to use, especially for senior citizens.Thanks
Focusing on the last part of your query, sounds like audio quality isn't the priority. Keeping that in mind, Bluetooth should do the job.
Any which way you stream music to your amplifier, there will be a phone involved.
Unless you buy a Streaming capable amplifier where you use the controls or the App provided by the Amplifier manufacturer to stream music. This is Network streaming though. Not bluetooth.

On the other hand, why not consider an integrated amplifier with Bluetooth built in? Why bother with a separate outboard bluetooth receiver? Like a Denon PMA-600NE.

Hello All,

I am going for a hifi system consisting of an integrated amplifier and bookshelf speakers. Since most of the music listening will be from streaming services like Spotify, Amazon Music and youtube, I have been suggested by forum members to go for something like a Marantz PM6007 integrated amplifier with a suitable streaming option. Which one of the below two options would work better with such an integrated amplifier as these options are similar in price point:
a) A Wiim mini or Wiim pro as the streamer with the integrated amplifier. Here one would need to use the Wiim app to access the various streaming services.
b) A good Bluetooth receiver with all the hi-fi codecs like LDAC etc. so that streaming can be done from phone using the streaming apps of Spotify etc. Although Bluetooth is supposed to significantly compromise the sound quality, I saw some nice reviews of Bluetooth receivers like Auris Blue and Ifi zen blue. Would using such a Bluetooth receiver with the integrated amplifier would be as good as using the streamer? This option seems more ewasy to use, especially for senior citizens.

Thanks
I have the PM6007 amplifier. Couple of days back i got bluetooth receiver and yesterday only i posted this review. I am delighted to hear music via this bluetooth receiver.

On amazon reviews, one review was saying that sound quality of this is better than wiim pro.

Thread 'This bluetooth changed my opinion' https://www.hifivision.com/threads/this-bluetooth-changed-my-opinion.94141/

Focusing on the last part of your query, sounds like audio quality isn't the priority. Keeping that in mind, Bluetooth should do the job.
Any which way you stream music to your amplifier, there will be a phone involved.
Unless you buy a Streaming capable amplifier where you use the controls or the App provided by the Amplifier manufacturer to stream music. This is Network streaming though. Not bluetooth.

On the other hand, why not consider an integrated amplifier with Bluetooth built in? Why bother with a separate outboard bluetooth receiver? Like a Denon PMA-600NE.
Thanks @sandepmohan for your reply. Sound quality is indeed the main target. I was just wondering whether a good Bluetooth receiver can match the sound quality of network streaming. Integrated amplifier with network streaming like Marantz PM7000n would cost significantly more. Yes Denon PMA-600NE would be in similar price range as Marantz PM6007 n and it also has a Bluetooth receiver inbuilit. But its Bluetooth does not have LDAC and other codecs and do sound quality would suffer.

I have the PM6007 amplifier. Couple of days back i got bluetooth receiver and yesterday only i posted this review. I am delighted to hear music via this bluetooth receiver.

On amazon reviews, one review was saying that sound quality of this is better than wiim pro.

Thread 'This bluetooth changed my opinion' https://www.hifivision.com/threads/this-bluetooth-changed-my-opinion.94141/
Thansks amit11 for your reply. I think I got the idea of using a good Bluetooth receiver after coming across your thread only :)

WiiM Product all day, be it a mini, pro or Pro Plus.
It has Bluetooth too.
This option seems more easy to use, especially for senior citizens.

Thanks

Connecting to Spotify over Wifi to WiiM product is much simpler than even going over Bluetooth. Even my parents have gotten used to it now.

Since major users in house use Wifi, they are already connected.
Just open Spotify, click on speakers and connect to WiiM.

cons for Bluetooth, If unknowingly someone has is already connected to Bluetooth, a new user won't connect to the same device.

WiiM Product all day, be it a mini, pro or Pro Plus.
It has Bluetooth too.

Connecting to Spotify over Wifi to WiiM product is much simpler than even going over Bluetooth. Even my parents have gotten used to it now.

Since major users in house use Wifi, they are already connected.
Just open Spotify, click on speakers and connect to WiiM.

cons for Bluetooth, If unknowingly someone has is already connected to Bluetooth, a new user won't connect to the same device.
Thank you amrutmhatre90 for your inputs
I think in this case then I will o with WIIm
Is Wiim a chinese brand? And where one can buy wiim mini or pro? Lastly should one go for wiim pro or would wiim mini would suffice

Is Wiim a chinese brand? And where one can buy wiim mini or pro? Lastly should one go for wiim pro or would wiim mini would suffice

It is available on Amazon though slightly costly, Wiim Mini would suffice.

I have used both Mini and Pro, absoultely no need to spend more for pro version.

But its Bluetooth does not have LDAC and other codecs and do sound quality would suffer.
You need to set aside sound quality when you're talking Bluetooth. It won't be perfect compared to streaming over the network but the goal here seems different. To me it sounds like you want to blend sound Quality and Ease of Use (Senior Citizen). If its anything >Bluetooth 5.0 support, you should be good without dropping in a Bluetooth streamer in between the component.

I bought Fiio BTR5. I was so happy with its performance, both as a headphones amp as well as speaker dac, it resulted in my ordering the Qudelix 5k, a DAC with a better Bluetooth performance.

It's understood today that theses portable DACs are as good as desktop DAC, unless you need more input and output connections, like optical and XR.

Just connect it to an iPhone to get the easiest hires lossless service.

Wiim mini>integrated amp(with dac)>speakers, simple and sweet

wiim pro or would wiim mini would suffice
if you have better dac with Coaxial Input , pro is for you, else mini is good enough in small form factor as it has optical out only.

With Marantz PM6007 - as it has both Coaxial & Optical input - you should be fine with Wiim Mini/pro. Please note that the DAC inside the mini & pro is a bit lackluster, so use the Digital connection of PM 6007.

Wiim also has BT & chromecast for things other than Spotify.

When it comes to usability, all the people I know - non techie's or seniors, they have taken really well to Spotify's connect feature.

Two good options for simple bluetooth streamers. , IFI zen blue V2 which automatically streams LDAC from my android mobile and Fiio BTA 30 Pro. which gets connected with AptxHD codec. Best bet for Seniors.

Have you thought of.a chromecast/alexa option? I have a google tv dongle connected to a.dac and play/control spotify/prime music etc from my mobile phone.

Hi All,

I'm stuck between these two products Wiim Pro & Auris blume pro, looks like both have same built in dac, my priority is the quality of sound, will be connected to Marantz PM6007,

I could see lot of good reviews about Auris blume pro and its Dac also the reviews say Wiim Pro's dac is not that great sounding, even in the price category wiim pro is like 7k more than Auris blume pro is it worth the invest, please suggest, thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm stuck between these two products Wiim Pro & Auris blume pro, looks like both have same built in dac, my priority is the quality of sound, will be connected to Marantz PM6007,

I could see lot of good reviews about Auris blume pro and its Dac also the reviews say Wiim Pro's dac is not that great sounding, even in the price category wiim pro is like 7k more than Auris blume pro is it worth the invest, please suggest, thanks in advance.
PM6007 already comes with a good inbuilt DAC. So WiiM mini would suffice.

PM6007 already comes with a good inbuilt DAC. So WiiM mini would suffice.
Well Wiim Mini and Auris blume pro both are in same price rage, so you think wiim mini will get my job done? is there any added advantage considering Wiim pro over Mini for me in terms of audio quality and features apart from the RCA/analog out in Pro?

Sorry forgot to mention that now i also have Yamaha rv v6 avr which has Musicast app wherein i can control Spotify/streaming & usb music files from my phone, is there any way i can connect to Pm6007 and make use of the same?

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back