Confessions of an audiofool

firearm12

Here is my list. Pls share yours.

- I normally use spirit level to level my speakers perfectly horizontal, and check it regularly in few weeks ;)
- when I start my listening sessions I begin with dull slow and old poorly recorded music and then move on to good and new ones and get happy that sound quality is increasing on each step, what a life
- Once I was using allo usbridge as my streamer and was very happy with audio quality. One day I realised the usb cable was actually plugged into sparky board usb slot instead of usbridge board, pretty dumb huh :(
- I ran an old 33rpm record on 45rpm turntable and start listening to an unknown song. For whole 5 mins I was thinking holy gosh why is the music director making Lata Mangeshkar squeak like this, this is real absolutely.
- once I was listening to music and nothing was sounding right. Then I moved my speakers 3.5mm to the inside and all instruments fell into place and I was in an orchestra, how happy i was
- I have markings on my floor for best speaker positions when I hit the jackpot, then after few days position changes again after a new jackpot.
- Some times I listen to same songs again and again, not because I like it but just to hear that improvement in sound,
- between and behind my speakers is a long table. I feel sound is better when there is nothing on it, not even a small object, wifey always like to keep things there and I'm always cleaning it up and then you know what happens,
- everyday once in a while I think to sell all my equipment and get a boombox and quit this hobbie, then some days after I buy new equipment.
- I feel piano notes on my digital Casio synthesiser always sound better than on my music system, what a pity.
- sometimes when I read reviews where they hear some unknown instruments in a song, I always think how the hell they hear things I cannot even imagine.
- I get my ears tested for frequency response every yearo_O

That makes me a complete audiofool now. Let the music play

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare

Here is my list. Pls share yours.

- I normally use spirit level to level my speakers perfectly horizontal, and check it regularly in few weeks ;)
- when I start my listening sessions I begin with dull slow and old poorly recorded music and then move on to good and new ones and get happy that sound quality is increasing on each step, what a life
- Once I was using allo usbridge as my streamer and was very happy with audio quality. One day I realised the usb cable was actually plugged into sparky board usb slot instead of usbridge board, pretty dumb huh :(
- I ran an old 33rpm record on 45rpm turntable and start listening to an unknown song. For whole 5 mins I was thinking holy gosh why is the music director making Lata Mangeshkar squeak like this, this is real absolutely.
- once I was listening to music and nothing was sounding right. Then I moved my speakers 3.5mm to the inside and all instruments fell into place and I was in an orchestra, how happy i was
- I have markings on my floor for best speaker positions when I hit the jackpot, then after few days position changes again after a new jackpot.
- Some times I listen to same songs again and again, not because I like it but just to hear that improvement in sound,
- between and behind my speakers is a long table. I feel sound is better when there is nothing on it, not even a small object, wifey always like to keep things there and I'm always cleaning it up and then you know what happens,
- everyday once in a while I think to sell all my equipment and get a boombox and quit this hobbie, then some days after I buy new equipment.
- I feel piano notes on my digital Casio synthesiser always sound better than on my music system, what a pity.
- sometimes when I read reviews where they hear some unknown instruments in a song, I always think how the hell they hear things I cannot even imagine.
- I get my ears tested for frequency response every yearo_O

That makes me a complete audiofool now. Let the music play

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare

"I have markings on my floor for best speaker positions when I hit the jackpot, then after few days position changes again after a new jackpot. " Been there. its funny that I go to my home once a year now living abroad. I was happy to see my father and brother kept the speakers at home exactly at the spot I marked last year. Funny thing is in 2 minutes I found it all wrong, and changed it and they were like 'What de ***** ! '

"Some times I listen to same songs again and again, not because I like it but just to hear that improvement in sound," Daft Punk - Within (wait to see how loud the sustain in the beginning is on this speaker'.

Again the Daft Punk - Motherboard i listen upto 4.59 only to hear an odd drum.. Dont know how many times I did the same!

- I get my ears tested for frequency response every yearo_" The ear doctor last time told, please dont come waste his time again, (in a friendly way)

its good to know there are fellow lunatic people out there. I think more than half of the guys out here are nuts in some ways !

Most of the so called 'audiophiles' in the world enjoy fine tuning the system again and again, over a good piece of music or a movie. If that gives you a good feeling, why not deprive your mind the much craved enjoyment ? :).
Further, if you stick to your old gear for long, how will the employees of the audio brands survive? Without business, their family will suffer which we cannot tolerate. Always consider audio gear upgrades as a social service, provided your wife is either economically illiterate or is another audiophile ;-)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back