Confused about boston acoustics or polk audio

rayvonnee

I recently purchased a new denon avr-x500 and now i am looking out for 5.1 speakers for the same. I am planning to get the polk rm6750 and replace the subwoofer with a polk psw 110 i will be selling of the subwoofer to one of my relative. I was almost fixed on it untill i saw the boston acoustics a2310 package. I am yet to audition this speakers and it is surprising to believe that inspite of being in mumbai i cannot find a place where these speakers could be auditioned. Tried mz audio bandra. they had the satellites on demo without ths sub. Do you guys have any idea of where do i find these speakers? Also which one would you prefer polk or ba? Thnks

Hi

If you want a good experience for music and movies....BA are the ones.. the A2310HTS are not running sellers and hence MZ Audio does not have the same in stock...if the BA XS 5.1 appealed to you...definitely the A2310HTS would sound more better as they have bigger drivers and better output.

The Polks RM6750 handle movies well but not that great for Music.......they would ofcourse match the X500 easily as ProFx used the same setup in the past, recently they moved from Denon AVRs to Pioneer.

I have been a BA user over a year now and using it with a Marantz. The experience is awesome, you need to tweak your AVR settings so that the speakers you use sound better with your kind of music and movies....placing the speakers and the kind of cables being used also matter a lot.

All the best

Hi

If you want a good experience for music and movies....BA are the ones.. the A2310HTS are not running sellers and hence MZ Audio does not have the same in stock...if the BA XS 5.1 appealed to you...definitely the A2310HTS would sound more better as they have bigger drivers and better output.

The Polks RM6750 handle movies well but not that great for Music.......they would ofcourse match the X500 easily as ProFx used the same setup in the past, recently they moved from Denon AVRs to Pioneer.

I have been a BA user over a year now and using it with a Marantz. The experience is awesome, you need to tweak your AVR settings so that the speakers you use sound better with your kind of music and movies....placing the speakers and the kind of cables being used also matter a lot.

All the best

So do you feel that the ba wont pair well with denon?

Hi rayvonnee

The BAs will work fine with the Denon....you need to tweak the settings further to your taste and listening choices....

what you people think about the pricing of this? I was quoted rs. 40500/- from mz audio for the whole package. I guess it can be brought for lesser? Please reply as i will be buying them soon

Back