Confused what to buy....Zephyr or Microtek

Cnu

hello fellow audiophiles

I have been surfing through net about suggested power conditioner by few fellow member in wanted section and also i have seen other threads regarding this issue

There were few choices which i had reviewed in detail...As per data sheet and my conversation with dealers , the online ups will give the voltage directly as coming from mains in mains mode...without conferring to alter them....unless its in battery mode during which it gives true sine wave n 230v output

recently i called audire for their zephyr power conditioner ....he told that it will eliminate the power noises in neutral and gives a clean power but no where he said it give a true sine wave...i asked him abt true sine wave then he said it has nothing to do with sound quality except the noises in neutral and he also added that what they make will improve sound quality...

Im just confused what to buy....an online ups 1kva of microtek quoted arnd 14.5k or zephyr 1.5kva at 25k...

so fellas...please write down ur opinion..also check for the prices wether they are actual or more

with regards and thanks in advance
Cnu

Last edited:
The best option is to use a good sinewave inverter and then run it on batteries for listening to music. Shut down the mains supply to the inverter while using your music system. You'll be then using the batteries and a pure sinewave without any noise.

Don't use any other electrical appliance except the music system on the inverter. One or two bulbs (not tubelights or cfl) can be used apart from the music system.

If you can't do this then go for Zephyr first and then buy the UPS for power backup.

By coincidence, even I'm looking for a similar solution. My tube pre-amp generates hum in the evenings which I've been able to identify is due to the air conditioner. This happens in spite of dedicating one of the phases of three phase power supply only to the system and washing machine (I do not envisage both being used at the same time:D)

I visited Audire's office personally when I was in Coimbatore and he promised to send me some literature but alas that never came. Is there anyone using the same?
There were few choices which i had reviewed in detail...As per data sheet and my conversation with dealers , the online ups will give the voltage directly as coming from mains in mains mode...without conferring to alter them....unless its in battery mode during which it gives true sine wave n 230v output

recently i called audire for their zephyr power conditioner ....he told that it will eliminate the power noises in neutral and gives a clean power but no where he said it give a true sine wave...i asked him abt true sine wave then he said it has nothing to do with sound quality except the noises in neutral and he also added that what they make will improve sound quality...

Im just confused what to buy....an online ups 1kva of microtek quoted arnd 14.5k or zephyr 1.5kva at 25k...

@CNU,

Talk to Bob on this number 9845197603. He will be able to suggest you a good solution.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back