Confused which LCD/Plasma to buy

cosmic

Hi Friends
I am going to buy a LCD/Plasma tv, no idea about HD/Full HD/ Wifi/USB etc, price is also very confusing, Sony 32 inch for 27 k and on other site for 40K and like that.
I am a travel photographer and I will view my photographs on LCD/Plasma almost daily for reviewing picture quality, preferably through USB

About my TV usage

1. Viewing my Photographs on TV for review and corrections on my PC
2. Watching Cable or Dish
3. DVD of old movies
4 Attaching my PC to surf internet on LCD/PLasma
5 Using skype for chatting with relatives
6 Watching movies at night attaching headphone not to disturb family members.

PLEASE HELP IN SELECTING ME a TV, which gives accurate colour reproduction and sharpness with shadow details.

MY BUDGET APPROX is RS 40 K

Thanks
Cosmic:)

Cosmic - Why are you looking for a TV and not a color accurate monitor? In your budget, you will be able to purchase a reasonably good monitor for your photo review requirements. At the same time, you'll only manage a decent, non-color accurate TV. My vote would go to the new Apple Cinema Display (27 inches) which is selling for just under 40K. You cannot buy a TV which will give you performance even close to that monitor.

I work at an animation studio and most of my day is spent staring at a 1.5L rupee 24 inch monitor and trust me, no TV can hold a candle to it.

Hi
Thank you Bluu for correct information, actually I have a PC with Philips monitor ( I am not a Pro), I edit my pictures on my PC, actually I want a TV also for my family, please give suggestions about Plasma/ LCD, LED is beyond my budget.

Thanks
cosmic:)

For 40K, I would suggest you check out Panasonic plasma TV. You would be able to geta 42 inch TV.

Not mentioning any specific model here since the best way to decide is to hit panasonic showroom with a USB stick gull of your photos and check the results yourself.

Some models come with bluetooth so you can you a bluetooth headphone for watching movies.

Cosmic,
Your first post suggested you have special needs, but the one above seems to drive towards more standard usage. Search within this (and other similar forums) and/or visit to big tv stores should give you lot of info on that.

Plan the size (depends on your room), make a list that fits around your budget, pay a visit to the dealer(s), trust your eyes, double check on all the features - and finally negotiate hard. You should be done.

For most home TV viewing (i.e., DTH, DVD, etc) a HD ready TV is good enough which is fast disappearing as Full HD TVs are replacing them. Even they are sent to the bottom racks as the LEDs (of all kind) and 3Ds are occupying the top ones. So, you should be able to find a decent Full HD with a host of features for your budget.

But, if your usage goes beyond standard viewing, then sort out your priorities and list them so that people can pitch in.

Cheers.

I agree with GunMo. If you just want a TV for watching cable and movies, 40K will give you tons of options from Samsung, LG and others but if you need color accuracy for your photo reviews, its a whole different ball game.

The 27" Apple I suggested is big enough to be shared with family and it doesn't matter if you're not a professional.

Thanks Bluu for quick reply, today I went to LG and saw two models, one is Full HD LCD 42 and another is PLASMA 42 , plasma is showing nice pictres, LCD is slightly better, LCD price is 55K and plasma for 43 K, also visited SONY showroom, saw Sony KLV 40 BX 400 Full HD ,price is 59990 , Sony is the best, picturewise. I am again confused, which one to buy, should I go for Plasma or LCD is better, please help.

Thanks
Cosmic

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back