Confusion between 5.1.2 vs 7.1

Just an info, Netflix is streaming the Dolby Atmos content. It will be activated if you are having the ULTRA HD plan and I can view the Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos sound in my LG OLED TV.(Currently Very Few contents are available in TV Series n Movies)
It works with Windows 10 Netflix app as well. Hopefully they will add more device to support Atmos.

I would go for 5.1.2 as there are few sources that do 7.1. But more material is being published in Atmos.

You can possibly do both. My Yamaha 7 channel receiver has nine terminals and can change between 7.1 and 5.1.2 depending on the source material without any change of wires. Of course you will need nine speakers instead of seven to achieve this.
this is exactly what i'm trying to do. i have the Yamaha tsr 700 and i hear it works that way but cant find any material on how to set it up correctly. i've got both speaker configs setup, 7.1 and 5.1.2, but i cant figure out if its working properly, mostly because i'm unaware what the source is while configuring. also i'm not sure if my settings are correct, cant run any tests to compare source content.

this is exactly what i'm trying to do. i have the Yamaha tsr 700 and i hear it works that way but cant find any material on how to set it up correctly. i've got both speaker configs setup, 7.1 and 5.1.2, but i cant figure out if its working properly, mostly because i'm unaware what the source is while configuring. also i'm not sure if my settings are correct, cant run any tests to compare source content.
I no longer have this so can't help specifically.
But, you can use direct mode to test all speakers. You can easily check for 7.1 using PC with sound manager. Atmos is a little trickier as you need atmos source which also can be done with atmos samples from dolby.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back