Connect Bose Companion 2 speakers to Sony LED

hifay

I want to connect my setup box audio output to my Bose Companion Speakers (Version 2) through RCA Female to RCA Male cables. I have a two queries

1) Is it right method to connect the speakers? If there is any other ways, pls suggest. i.e remove audio input from the setup box and connect with RCA female cables and connect the speakers through with RCA male end.
2) If RCA cables connections methods are correct, where can i get the RCA female cables to RCA male cables in Bangalore? I found the same cables in Amazon but it has 12 foot and costs around INR 1000.

Appreciate your valuable inputs on this.

How far are you sitting from the TV? How big is your TV? The Bose is meant to be listened at a desk. And keeping it wider makes it sound very dull.Connection seems ok.

How far are you sitting from the TV? How big is your TV? The Bose is meant to be listened at a desk. And keeping it wider makes it sound very dull.Connection seems ok.you can buy cables from MX.value for money at lower budgets.search for MX cables in your city and go to one of the shops which sells them.

Ahh I have the same pair and hooked to a newly acquired TP Link TP-Link HA100 NFC-Enabled Bluetooth Music Receiver. Works great.

I would suggest you use the Optical Out from your set top box using something like this FiiO D03K Optical to Stereo Audio Converter.

MaSh
Mash, nowadays TVs audio jacks are getting really better. I use a ak 70 as a source mostly, but switching to my TV's line out, it's still a decent sound. I agree the older TVs are really bad. My previous Samsung's output soubded like it was coming out of a high pass filter. Literally bass was not present. But again depends on TVs.

If it doesnt sound good then d03k works well for its price.

If your TV has Line OUT function please use that instead of Set top box. Set top boxes probably carry the worst sound circuit. Line out is not headphone out and you get very good sound power output in analog form. Connect it to Stereo RCA to Bose companion and you will be amazed. I have the same speaker and worked well with my LG TV. For now I have connected it back to my computer, but a great option to connect to TV to enhance the sound

If your TV has Line OUT function please use that instead of Set top box. Set top boxes probably carry the worst sound circuit. Line out is not headphone out and you get very good sound power output Tm. Connect it to Stereo RCA to Bose companion and you will be amazed. I have the same speaker and worked well with my LG TV. For now I have connected it back to my computer, but a great option to connect to TV to enhance the sound
I too have LG. Seems the line out option is quite good as an entry level DAC, with a bit warm sound profile.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back