Connect multiple speaker to single channel

Manishpatel722

I have yamaha 3072 htib with yamaha p41 speakers set.
Front /center /left are 6ohm impedance
I have old two creative speaker with 4 ohm impedance each. (are in great condition)
Amplifier has 6 ohm channel input

I am thinking to add those 2 extra speaker to center speaker with existing yamaha speaker.. (to improve center speaker sound)

Can i do this technically?? Should i use series or parallel or mixed (series /parallel)

Plz help me out here

Will this improve sound from center without any harm to amplifier...

Nope. It will not improve the sound. And never overload the AVR with more than recommended speakers, you will invite disaster. Most AV recievers will not run 4 ohm speakers by themselves let alone connected with multiple speakers. Also Creative speakers usually have a max wattage rating besides the Ohm rating, and generally they are low powered speakers. Nothing but disaster waiting to happen.

I have yamaha 3072 htib with yamaha p41 speakers set.
Front /center /left are 6ohm impedance
I have old two creative speaker with 4 ohm impedance each. (are in great condition)
Amplifier has 6 ohm channel input

I am thinking to add those 2 extra speaker to center speaker with existing yamaha speaker.. (to improve center speaker sound)

Can i do this technically?? Should i use series or parallel or mixed (series /parallel)

Plz help me out here

Will this improve sound from center without any harm to amplifier...

Absolutely Not. Dont even try it for kicks.Refer to this article for more info: SERIES & PARALLEL SPEAKER WIRING

You want to improve Center channel, get a better Center Speaker. In the mean time you can also try removing the Center speaker altogether which will route the Center signal to the two Front speakers.

MaSh

Even if it were technical possible to load, you would only ruin the sound. Different speakers with different response curves would only distort the sound !

Hey guys....

How are two drivers within a branded center speaker wired inside ?? Cant we apply the same method to connect two separate speakers ???

I don't want to try this. ..but Just asking to know .....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back