Connect TV with only Headphone Jack Output to Amplifier

sahilng49

Hi,

I have a Samsung non-smart 48 inch LED tv which has only one headphone jack audio out.
I am using that jack as audio out and using RCA cable to input it in my amp (Denon 720ae).
Is it recommended to use TV output directly to amp as I am using, or there are better ways to enhance the music quality?
I use Amazon Fire Stick to watch content on my TV.
Please let me know of any good solutions that you know.

Thanks & Regards,

No, not the right way. If you have RCA out on your TV, then use that (RCA TO RCA) to connect to your amp.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

No, not the right way. If you have RCA out on your TV, then use that (RCA TO RCA) to connect to your amp.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.
But my TV doesn't have RCA out, there is only one "Audio Out" which is 3.5mm jack. What should I do tom improve upon that?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.
But my TV doesn't have RCA out, there is only one "Audio Out" which is 3.5mm jack. What should I do tom improve upon that?

Thanks,

Get a 3.5 mm to RCA cable . Easily available. Plug that into the RCA socket on your amp. It should work. My Samsung TV has the same thing. However I think if you plug the 3.5 mm plug into the TV the internal speakers ( if it has them ) will be shut off. It does on mine.

You can try the fire stick directly on the receiver. People have got success this way

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Get a 3.5 mm to RCA cable . Easily available. Plug that into the RCA socket on your amp. It should work. My Samsung TV has the same thing. However I think if you plug the 3.5 mm plug into the TV the internal speakers ( if it has them ) will be shut off. It does on mine.

Hi, it is working for me as well, but I am concerned about the sound quality. Doing this we are basically using TV's DAC to convert the sound, which seems to be not a very good way to enjoy music/movies?
Does anyone know of any other way to improve upon that?

Regards,

Oh I overlooked it. Then you are doing the right thing. I don't see any way out to bypass the DAC of the TV

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Looks like your options are limited unless you add a few gadgets to the chain.

If you really want to hook it right, try the below

1. Portta 4PETHHA V1.4 HDMI to HDMI and Audio (3.5mm stereo Analog & SPDIF) Extractor and Converter4K - 2K.
Hook up your HDMI source to this. Connect the HDMI Out from it to the TV for Video+Audio. This device also has an Optical Out.
2. Get a external DAC with Optical In. Connect the Optical out from above device and connect the RCA Out from DAC to your Amplifier.

This way you can have just the TV playing its own speakers when you dont want the amplifier running (Pogo:eek:hyeah:). And when you want to use your amplifier, Mute the TV and switch on the amplifier and DAC.

I feel this setup should give you a lot of flexibility and convenience. Give it a thought, it might work. You are free to fine tune it further.

MaSh

Looks like your options are limited unless you add a few gadgets to the chain.

If you really want to hook it right, try the below

1. Portta 4PETHHA V1.4 HDMI to HDMI and Audio (3.5mm stereo Analog & SPDIF) Extractor and Converter4K - 2K.
Hook up your HDMI source to this. Connect the HDMI Out from it to the TV for Video+Audio. This device also has an Optical Out.
2. Get a external DAC with Optical In. Connect the Optical out from above device and connect the RCA Out from DAC to your Amplifier.

This way you can have just the TV playing its own speakers when you dont want the amplifier running (Pogo:eek:hyeah:). And when you want to use your amplifier, Mute the TV and switch on the amplifier and DAC.

I feel this setup should give you a lot of flexibility and convenience. Give it a thought, it might work. You are free to fine tune it further.

MaSh

Wow! I didn't know anything like that even exists.
Thanks a lot for enlightening us all to this gadget! I was almost convinced that I have to live with that average sound quality for some more years.
I have just ordered a similar splitter from US, which had great reviews and was in budget as well.
This suggestion of yours would help many others on this forum as well :)
Thanks a lot!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back