Connecting active speakers to headphone amp out.

iamharishkm

Is it safe to connect active speakers to headphone out of a headphone amplifier (+dac)?

I am talking particulary about FiioE07K.

Kindly advice.

Is it safe to connect active speakers to headphone out of a headphone amplifier (+dac)?

I am talking particulary about FiioE07K.

Kindly advice.

I connect my iPod headphone out to my Bose companion 2 which are active speakers. No issues at all provided you have a volume control at the headphone amplifier (DAC). I think you can use a RCA - Y splitting cable to connect between the headphone amplifier and the active speakers.

You could...

But you'd have to be very careful with the volume control.

As you are going to be disconnecting your 'phones and connecting the speakers, why not do the better disconnect/connect: line out from your DAC disconnected and connected to your speakers. That's what they expect.

You could...

But you'd have to be very careful with the volume control.

As you are going to be disconnecting your 'phones and connecting the speakers, why not do the better disconnect/connect: line out from your DAC disconnected and connected to your speakers. That's what they expect.

The problem is Fiio E07K does not have a proper line out. Need to buy a L7 lineout dock extra for that. I was seeing if I can avoid this purchase and use headphone out directly.

Anyways, thanks for the info. What I have found is it is safer to buy dock and connect the speakers. Peace of mind!

Back