Connecting Apple MacBook Pro to AV Receiver

Hi guys

Whats the best way to connect MacBook Pro to marantz pm 6006 or denon x520bt. I don't want to use the 3.5mm jack of MacBook.
my other source is a TT .

Hi there, as i understand your Marantz has an inbuilt DAC and has 02 optical inputs and supports 24-192 Khz Hi Res recordings. The best way to connect your Marantz would be through your 3.5 mm headphone jack which also doubles up as an optical output jack.

For this you can use Toslink to Mini - Toslink optical cable or simple optical cable , and on the Mac end use a Toslink to Mini-Toslink Plug Digital Audio Optic Fiber Adapter suitable for Mac Book. This optical connection supports resolutions only upto 24-96 Khz.

Cheers.

Hi guys

Whats the best way to connect MacBook Pro to marantz pm 6006 or denon x520bt. I don't want to use the 3.5mm jack of MacBook.
Which MacBook do you have the older ones had a spdif digital out along with the 3.5 mm jack. It’s a wonderful source for amps with digital inputs. otherwise you need a DAC, which may or may not improve the sound depending on what your idea of a better sound is.

Which MacBook do you have the older ones had a spdif digital out along with the 3.5 mm jack. It’s a wonderful source for amps with digital inputs. otherwise you need a DAC, which may or may not improve the sound depending on what your idea of a better sound is.
I have the new one .it just has 3.5 mm jack and the type c type
Connector for charging

Hi guys

X520 bt has hdmi inputs, and your MacBook Pro will have usb lightening port, you can get a lightning to hdmi port and connect your MacBook Pro directly to avr for streaming digital sound and the DAC in your avr will take care of digital to analog conversion. This is the cheapest option available....

X520 bt has hdmi inputs, and your MacBook Pro will have usb lightening port, you can get a lightning to hdmi port and connect your MacBook Pro directly to avr for streaming digital sound and the DAC in your avr will take care of digital to analog conversion. This is the cheapest option available....
Will that be Stereo or multichannel sound?

Sadly Apple no more provides SPDIF output in their devices

I can suggest a USB to SPDIF converter like Schiit Eitr. There's plenty of other options as well. They are suppose to take care of the jitter by re-clocking the signal.

Also you'll need some tweaks/software (like Bitperfect) /music player (like Audirvana) to get a proper output.

U can try open home + minimserver and any software like linn kazoo , musiclife etc as a remote. try this and thanks me later.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back