Connecting Digital Audio Player (DAP) to iFi Zen Stream

milestoneseeker

Hi All,

I wanted to understand if a DAP (AK70 in my case) can be plugged into the USB input of iFi Zen Stream to be used a storage (i.e., as an HDD)? When I plugged my AK70 into the USB drive via an OTG cable, it did not come up in the iFi app. Is it because I am connecting it wrongly or is it due to a potential power challenge of the USB drive of Zen Stream? I want to play my songs on AK70 via Zen Stream which is then connected to D90SE DAC.

Cheers,
MSS

Hi All,

I wanted to understand if a DAP (AK70 in my case) can be plugged into the USB input of iFi Zen Stream to be used a storage (i.e., as an HDD)? When I plugged my AK70 into the USB drive via an OTG cable, it did not come up in the iFi app. Is it because I am connecting it wrongly or is it due to a potential power challenge of the USB drive of Zen Stream? I want to play my songs on AK70 via Zen Stream which is then connected to D90SE DAC.

Cheers,
MSS
Why do you have to connect DAP to Zen streamer? You can directly connect it to your amplifier through 3.5 mm jack to RCA cable and listen. Since you don't have digital out in your DAP you can't connect it to your DAC (D90SE) unless you have analogue input in your DAC

Why do you have to connect DAP to Zen streamer? You can directly connect it to your amplifier through 3.5 mm jack to RCA cable and listen. Since you don't have digital out in your DAP you can't connect it to your DAC (D90SE) unless you have analogue input in your DAC
Yes, that's one way to do it. Plugging the USB card of DAP into a reader which is then plugged into the USB reader of Zen Stream allows me access the content in the same interface as rest of my music (I figured out this is a more viable method than trying access of DAP itself). Else, I need to switch my inputs in my amp.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back