connecting LG flatron 29" to sony music system ???

manuvaidya

hi i am having LG flatron 29" tv & also having sony 3cd 2600w pmpo music system. since my tv output is not that great i thought of connecting speakers to tv.
but to my surprise, i couldnt find a port to connect the speakers to my tv. is there anyone here who has succeded in doing like this (TV to music system sound output)

if yes i wanna know how & what are the things needed to buy.... waiting for ur replies ASAP....

Connect "audio-out of the TV" to "AUX-in of your Sony music system"..
Then select AUX input in your music system menu..
you will require a composite cable (Red and White colored connectors).

Connect "audio-out of the TV" to "AUX-in of your Sony music system"..
Then select AUX input in your music system menu..
you will require a composite cable (Red and White colored connectors).

a pic would have been much better.... can u provide that information for me please ???

what is your source. if its a digital set top box or a dish set top box, you can directly connect the red and white to the sony's Aux-In and the yellow of settop box goes to the tv.

if you have direct analog cable, use the tv's audio out to the sony's aux-in

what is your source. if its a digital set top box or a dish set top box, you can directly connect the red and white to the sony's Aux-In and the yellow of settop box goes to the tv.

if you have direct analog cable, use the tv's audio out to the sony's aux-in
no set top box here... only analogue cable is there.... i am trying to listen the tv audio in my sony music system... but there is no aux input in my music system.... i could find audio out in LG tv (some red & white coloured port i guess)....

any other way ???

Hi,

There should be aux out available in your TV, the red and white ports.

composite-cable.jpg

The yellow socket carries video, and the red and white carry audio. As per the LG site, your TV must have Aux in, check out this link

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

there is no AUX input in our music system & also there is no audio out in our tv...

any other solutions ???

There has to be tv audio-out and music system aux-in..
I have seen these connections even in 20 years old LG and Sony models..

what is your LG TV model number?
and what is Sony music system model no?

Hi,

I guess your model is SONY MHC-RV22 and if it is, then it has a audio in! Else you can use a RCA stereo cable and feed your TV's output to the sony's microphone in:eek:hyeah:

stereo-RCA-600px.jpg

Cheers!

There has to be tv audio-out and music system aux-in..
I have seen these connections even in 20 years old LG and Sony models..

what is your LG TV model number?
and what is Sony music system model no?

TV- LG 29" flatron
Music system- sony MHC-GZR5D

i searched in & out of sony music system, there is no aux in in that...

but LG tv has audio out at 3 places.... but not aux audio out.... i tried connecting to all the three ports using red & white cable.... but no use... & also there is no aux in option in sony music system... i tried all the options...

i couldnt find out what to do now.... may be i should change the system to AVR i guess....:sad:

Hi,

I guess your model is SONY MHC-RV22 and if it is, then it has a audio in! Else you can use a RCA stereo cable and feed your TV's output to the sony's microphone in:eek:hyeah:

stereo-RCA-600px.jpg

Cheers!

its sony MHC-GZR5D.... i didnt try connecting the cables to phone in, except that i tried connecting to all other ports.... no use...

Manu, LG has multiple Flatron 29" models. Can you provide the exact model number? It will something like '29FG3RGE5'.

Also do the following:

1. From the audio out of the TV connect to any audio in of the Sony System. Use just red and white cables. If you are using a composite cable, leave the yellow cable hanging loose at both ends.

2. In the TV setup options, see if there is an audio out 'enable' option. If you have multiple audio out's on the TV, these may be numbered as Audio Out 1, Audio Out 2, etc. Look for the correct number or label you have used and enable that on the TV Setup.

3. In the Sony system, choose the 'audio in' you have chosen to connect to. This could be Aux In, CD In, or Tape In. This may be a button on the system or you could choose through the remote. If you have connected, for example, to the Tape In, and choose CD, you wont hear the TV on the Sony system.

4. With the TV playing something, slowly increase the volume on your Sony and see what happens. I am quite sure it will work.

If this does not work, please see if you can shoot photographs of the rear of you TV and Sony system containing the connection points and post it here.

Most important, don't panic. This is something very simple and we can make it work. It is just choosing the right ports and pressing the right buttons.

Cheers

Manu, LG has multiple Flatron 29" models. Can you provide the exact model number? It will something like '29FG3RGE5'.

Also do the following:

1. From the audio out of the TV connect to any audio in of the Sony System. Use just red and white cables. If you are using a composite cable, leave the yellow cable hanging loose at both ends.

2. In the TV setup options, see if there is an audio out 'enable' option. If you have multiple audio out's on the TV, these may be numbered as Audio Out 1, Audio Out 2, etc. Look for the correct number or label you have used and enable that on the TV Setup.

3. In the Sony system, choose the 'audio in' you have chosen to connect to. This could be Aux In, CD In, or Tape In. This may be a button on the system or you could choose through the remote. If you have connected, for example, to the Tape In, and choose CD, you wont hear the TV on the Sony system.

4. With the TV playing something, slowly increase the volume on your Sony and see what happens. I am quite sure it will work.

If this does not work, please see if you can shoot photographs of the rear of you TV and Sony system containing the connection points and post it here.

Most important, don't panic. This is something very simple and we can make it work. It is just choosing the right ports and pressing the right buttons.

Cheers

agreed,,,, i will post the pics tomorrow morning @ around 8.15. i cant tell you technically what all is there & whatall i have done with what ports.... but i really appreciate that there are so many caring people who would love to help others as if its their own problem.... i like that....

keeping myself calm & cool i'm going to bed now. will post the pic & model number tomorrow morning.... that would be my first job tomorrow... thanks for ur suggestions.... good night.

thanks to all of you friends... you are really great. i must adore your fantastic work you are doing to this forum members... you all really made my day...

i selected the audio in option in function button of music system remote... then i connected the RCA cable from LG tv audio output to audio in port in music system.... then all of a sudden i saw the magic... to me it s a magic.... i could hear the sound through the music system speakers..... i was very happy at that time... i dont know how much i have thanked you all people.... especially venkat sir, jayad, mandeep, venkatraman... i owe a favour for you all guys...

keep up the good work guys....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back