Connecting Pioneer FS52 to Onkyo HTS-22HDX

Sanishpp

Hi Guys,

I am planning to purchase a Floor standing speaker - Pioneer sp fs52, mainly to play music and a little bit of movies too. I already have a small Onkyo home theater system HTS-22HDX. Is it possible to connect the pioneer speaker to this Onkyo system without damaging either the speaker or receiver. Thanks and hoping for a quick response.

The specs are as below :
Onkyo receiver:
----------------------
Type:Bass-reflex with built-in amplifier
Rated Output Power(FTC):5 ch (FL/FR/C/SL/SR) × 25 W at 6 ohms, 1 kHz, 1ch driven, THD 1%1 ch (SW) × 47 W at 3 ohms, 100 Hz, 1ch driven, THD 1%
(IEC):5 ch (FL/FR/C/SL/SR) × 25 W at 6 ohms, 1 kHz, 1ch driven, THD 1%1 ch (SW) × 50 W at 3 ohms, 100 Hz, 1ch driven, THD 1%
Subwoofer Frequency Response: 35 Hz–200 Hz
Amp Frequency Response:FL/FR: 10 Hz–100 kHz (Direct mode)FL/FR/C/SL/SR: 150 Hz–20 kHz, +1 dB–3dBSW: 20 Hz–150 Hz, +1 dB–3dB (Crossover at 150 Hz)
Input Sensitivity and Impedance: 150 mV/ 47 kΩ (FL/FR)
Signal to Noise Ratio:105 dB (LINE1/LINE2, Direct mode, IHF-A)

Pioneer speaker:
--------------------
2 x 130mm Cone Woofer, 130mm Cone Midrange, 25mm Soft-dome Tweeter, 3-Way, Bass-reflex Floorstanding Type
Maximum Input Power 130W
Frequency Response 40Hz~20kHz
Sensitivity 87dB
Crossover 250Hz & 3kHz
Impedance 6ohms

Simply NO. Not enough power to drive a floor stander.
Thanks for your prompt reply. So I would need to buy an av receiver or stereo receiver. Right? Would there be substantial difference in sound quality for music with stereo receiver with this budget pioneer speakers than using an av receiver?

I am planning to purchase a Floor standing speaker - Pioneer sp fs52, mainly to play music and a little bit of movies too. I already have a small Onkyo home theater system HTS-22HDX. Is it possible to connect the pioneer speaker to this Onkyo system without damaging either the speaker or receiver.

Adding a FS to this amp may be an overkill as tuff already explained..

So I would need to buy an av receiver or stereo receiver. Right? Would there be substantial difference in sound quality for music with stereo receiver with this budget pioneer speakers than using an av receiver?

You may consider upgrading / replacing existing (full range) speakers..

The existing Onkyo speaker are 80dB efficient and .. If you can upgrade to a speaker (Bookshelf) with >= 87dB, this will ease the load on the amplifier.. You can also integrate a more powerful active subwoofer which has high level inputs & outputs with your existing AVR, which is inbuilt in the subwoofer..

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back