Connecting sub to stereo amp without sub out

A simple L-,pad to drop gain by 26 to 30 dB from speaker output and feed to your subwoofer low level inputs. This has following advantages,
- subwoofer picks the sound signature of your main amp.
- you need to setup the subwoofer level only once. Every time you adjust your main volume the sub volume follows.

A simple L-,pad to drop gain by 26 to 30 dB from speaker output and feed to your subwoofer low level inputs. This has following advantages,
- subwoofer picks the sound signature of your main amp.
- you need to setup the subwoofer level only once. Every time you adjust your main volume the sub volume follows.

That is a good idea but IMHO, it needs a filter also so that only the LF goes through.

That is a good idea but IMHO, it needs a filter also so that only the LF goes through.
LF is what the plate amp will already have, I just asking you to reduce gain so that RCA input in your subamplifier gets signal from spkr out from mains.

You may want to consider making life easy by getting a sub with speaker level inputs. Jugad solutions could damage your sub.

MaSh

You may want to consider making life easy by getting a sub with speaker level inputs. Jugad solutions could damage your sub.

MaSh
Yes, you need to know the input impedance of the low level inputs on your subwoofer and also be familar with L-pad calculation else you will be shorting the main amplifier output. If you check the schematic of any subwoofer plate amplifier, this is what they have done internally too.

I dont agree you will damage your sub as i am using this exact jugaad solution since past 7 months and everything is working perfect.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back