Connecting X-Box 360 and Laptop to Samsung HT-Z310

Ronit Bhat

I'm buying a Samsung HT-Z310 and a Sony KLV-32V550A. I watch movies on my laptop connected by HDMI. How do i get the sound on the system. Also how do i connect the X-Box 360 to the system.

I'm buying a Samsung HT-Z310 and a Sony KLV-32V550A. I watch movies on my laptop connected by HDMI. How do i get the sound on the system. Also how do i connect the X-Box 360 to the system.

For Xbox 360 use an optical cable to connect to your Samsung HT if it has one. For your Laptop too you will have to use the digital optical cable to connect to your Ht. Since your sammy won't have an HDMI input so your laptop's hdmi is useless in this case to transfer sound to your HT. But you can use the same to conect your display. I guess that if sammy Ht would have an optical input then it would most probably be just 1 so you would need an spdif splitter to connect both your Laptop and Xbox 360 together.

I own a Dell Studio 15 and i don't think it has an Optical out...What now??
Also is there anything better than my chosen system at Rs 10000.
I'd really appreciate help.

I own a Dell Studio 15 and i don't think it has an Optical out...What now??
Also is there anything better than my chosen system at Rs 10000.
I'd really appreciate help.
If it doesn't have an optical out then simply buy a wire with stereo pin on one side and RCA plugs on the other side and then connect your laptop with your Ht via the headphone output jack and RCA input jack in your HT.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back