Connecting Yamaha WXC-50 to Denon PMA1520ae

srijith

Hi Hi-fi enthusiast,

After a lot of research have finally settled down on my integrated audio setup which fits within my budget, the setup will be pairing music streamer yamaha wxc-50 with Denon PMA1520ae. I would like to hear your expert suggestions on the below queries.

1) Yamaha WXC can be switched between "player" and "preamplifier" mode. If I switch it to "player" mode, the unit will outputs audio at maximum volume, additionally the volume is disable on the unit. So can I connect the pre out of the Yamaha unit to the AUX in of Denon since I assume there is no preamplification done on Yamaha or shall I input pre out to Denon's "Power Amp Direct In"(This will bypass the preamplification of the Denon's circuit).

Basically want Yamaha to be just a streamer and not a preamplifier

Any suggestion please

1624615504330.png

1624615700834.jpeg

Great choice of amplifier. Set the streamer to player mode. In my experience, the Denon works best with its own preamplifier.

You can try either approach and see which sounds better, assuming you have no other sources.

I have Yamaha WXC-50 streamer which in Player mode connected to my DD Pre Amplifier sounds better then the Pre amp mode. But one drawback is losing volume control from remote & Musiccast app in this mode, in your case volume can be controlled from the Denon's remote controller.

I have Yamaha WXC-50 streamer which in Player mode connected to my DD Pre Amplifier sounds better then the Pre amp mode. But one drawback is losing volume control from remote & Musiccast app in this mode, in your case volume can be controlled from the Denon's remote controller.
How did you connect your streamer in the player mode..using the pre out to amplifiers AUX in?

Great choice of amplifier. Set the streamer to player mode. In my experience, the Denon works best with its own preamplifier.

You can try either approach and see which sounds better, assuming you have no other sources.
Yes will try both the approach one with "preamp" mode and the other with pure "player" mode

There is a mode selector switch for this purpose placed in between pre out and optical out ports. Please read the instructions, the switch should be operated/switched when unit power cord disconnected from the wall socket.1624615504330.png

Last edited:
The best thing with Yamaha is i can use my existing speaker setup by pairing kefq300 to denon and active subwoofer to yamaha..this way i can use my sub else would have been very difficult to get bass out of kefq300 using just the denon

Any body using Yamaha WXC-50 here can please guide me that how to use the internal DAC of the WC-50 if it is connected to my AVR or Stereo AMP ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back