Conrad Johnson pre power combo

Thank you Dev. Now to buy locally made transformer or well known commercial ones.do you have any suggestions

(No matter what you do there is going to be someone who says you are wrong)

Any step up converter is ok as long as there is no Hum from the transformer.
There are companies like Maxine, Vertex and many imported once, if you search.
You need to check the Wattage of your amplifier and buy a converter which is 3 times higher than that.

Last edited:
HI, I am thinking on getting a used Conrad Johnson pre power combo after reading good reviews of them. I am planning for MF2500 power amp and PV 14L preamp which I am planning to use for Dynaudio focus 220. If someone had experienced the combo or other products from this brand, please guide me about these. I am looking for a system which can go for a long term and i dont need to change them. I can see the power output is good 250 watts. How does it compare to the modern pre power combo and stereo integrates? I am more into rock, Pop and music which has good base. Not heavy metal though. Also, do we have support and repairs available in India, if something goes wrong since this is going to be used amp as these are older models. I dont see myself going for a tube power amp in near future but I am ok with tube pre ( which is the case with PV 14L). Also, I wanted to get an idea about a fare price of the pre power combo in good cosmetic and working condition. Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks
I had the opportunity to audition them at absolute phase and Mr. Prithvi was kind be enough to audition them for me on harbeth 30.1. speakers. They sound absolutely fantastic. I would suggest you take an audition and you will love it over any solid states in any price bracket.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back