Considering a 2nd hand Philips HTS4750 HTiB @ 10k. Please advise.

pbaner

Hi All HFV members,

This is my first post on this great forum I have been browsing through for quite some time. My regards to all seasoned members. My exposure to Pro Audio gear is limited although I have some idea about AVRs, amps and HT components.
Earlier I owned a Logitech Z5500 system and used it in a way it is not meant to be used ;), as a HT system with a DVD player. But it's control pod started giving problems recently and I've returned it to the service center. I will be getting a credit note from the service center as no replacement is available :clapping:.
I want to buy a HTiB now. I would be using the system primarily to listen to music but will also be watching some DVD movies occasionally (that's why I'm inclined towards a 5.1, I just can't forget the Z5500). However, I don't want to spend a lot as I'll be moving out of my home in about a month (leaving it for my parents :p) and won't be using my new system much. I like bass a lot and my choice would bend towards a system with a good subwoofer with a partially wet bass but good sound overall.
I am now considering buying a used Philips HTS4750 5.1 HTiB for 10k. It's 3 yrs old but in good condition. I like it's classy look (from pictures on the internet) and the 250W RMS 8" subwoofer. Please advise about the cons of this deal. How good is this Philips HT in today's context (the model is probably about 4 yrs old now)?
This question is especially directed at madbullram and others who already own this product. Has it stood the test of time? Are there any problems I should know of. Please pitch in with any information that might be helpful.

Looking forward to your advice/suggestions,
pbaner

Well, nevermind. I'm not buying it as of now. Will invest in a proper HT setup when I have the moolah.

@harsh Your system is almost new (new price is probably about 17-20k, not sure). I'm on a very tight budget. Hence, I don't think this deal will materialize :eek: Please quote your expected price in case you still think so.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back