Controling amps volume control - magic remote

Passive_audio_enthusiast

Anyone can guide me how to use the vokume buttons of my magic remote for changing the volume on my denon integrated? While setting up the device i am able to change the volume on my amp. But outside the setup page pressing the volume button is not doing anything. My amp is connected to the line out of the tv

Could you provide model numbers and links for both remote and denon? Please provide sufficient details for members to understand what the components are and what the issue could be.

MaSh

The tv is 55B7, amp PMA 680R, this is a passive amp which i am using for passive tv sound duties. Connection is line out from tv. The volume control is not active in this mode on the tv as its a pure line out than a headphone out.

On the menu of the tv there is an option to configure the magic remote for other devices. The i chose the device as a denon sound bar as integrated amps are not listed in the menu. Upon trying out few sample controls, i am able to change the volume, power up and down the amp via the magic remote. Once the configuration menu is exited, i have no clue what button on the remote lets me switch controls between tv and the amp. For example when i press the volume up button it still shows the invalid.

I found the solution for my question. It won’t work when we use the “audio out” option but for optical out. If anyone is interested this is how you do it:

1. Goto device connector.
2. select your device
3. Select the manufacturer
4. Select the remote type. Try out the few controls mentioned
5. Press done.
This is a super useful feature for people who has an analogue amp (which has a remote) and has a dac between tv and the amp. Once you turn on the tv, the infrared sensor works for volume controls and the rf sensor works for the tv. It’s super cool that now I am controlling my 90s Denon stereo amps volume with the magic remote!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back