Controll Bass output on sony SA D40 home theater

MusicMadness

hi friends,
As many of you know sony SA-d40 is a well known for unbearable bass overpowering the vocals and surround speakers.
I looked at the internal circuit and looks like it is using a sound processor BD 3491s chip along with Digital amplifier and all IC's are integrated on a smd board.
Instead of playing with the onboard IC's, I am planning to do a little hack of reducing the Bass ouput going to the subwoofer by adding a resistor divider or a potentiometer in range of 100 - 1k ohms.

below youtube link showcases the idea and he claims it works.

Any issues with this idea or any other better ideas to control the bass output alone ?

hi friends,
As many of you know sony SA-d40 is a well known for unbearable bass overpowering the vocals and surround speakers.
I looked at the internal circuit and looks like it is using a sound processor BD 3491s chip along with Digital amplifier and all IC's are integrated on a smd board.
Instead of playing with the onboard IC's, I am planning to do a little hack of reducing the Bass ouput going to the subwoofer by adding a resistor divider or a potentiometer in range of 100 - 1k ohms.

below youtube link showcases the idea and he claims it works.

Any issues with this idea or any other better ideas to control the bass output alone ?
Try putting bipolar capacitor of 1uf in series with the subwoofer.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back