Converters

Abssy

Good day, I recently bought US 110v rated Yamaha Rs202bt stereo Reciever and foolishly tried to use it on 220V power mains in another country. It came on but tripped off immediately and has permanently remained in standby mode. How do I get it working again?

Do I just get a voltage step up converter and it should start working or is there a process to get it back on even after getting the step up.

Abssy

You may need to go to a Yamaha service center nearby. Its possible (though not certain) the powersupply section & transformer & rectifiers may be intact considering you still see a standby mode. If its SMPS there may be other complexities involved which only an expert technician can assess. Better to avoid doing anything on your considering considering it is power /high current section

Good day, I recently bought US 110v rated Yamaha Rs202bt stereo Reciever and foolishly tried to use it on 220V power mains in another country. It came on but tripped off immediately and has permanently remained in standby mode. How do I get it working again?

Do I just get a voltage step up converter and it should start working or is there a process to get it back on even after getting the step up.

Abssy

Most Yamaha's have a reset sequence to get them out of standby. Search the internet for the sequence.

However, try this only when you connect the AVR to mains via a suitably rated step down transformer. Connecting your 110V receiver to 220V could have it, at best, going into standby again or else going completely dead.

I bought a US tube amp which is 110V and got a step down transformer from Maxine. Has been working very well for the past year or so. It is available from Amazon.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back