Cooling System for Benq W1070 Projector DIY

sanyadji

Hi Friends, I have Benq W1070 projector and always need to switch on an AC while using it for 2-3 hours as it gets hot. Now I am shifting to another place and I can't provide AC in my dining hall in which I am planning to place projector. Is there any way to enclose it in a wooden box with provision of cooling fans on box so that it can not be so hot to damage during a viewing session of 3-4 hours at most. I have seen a video in which someone mount a heat-sink and cooling fan to mount projector on roof ceiling but I afraid to do so as I am intending to use projector as portable one. I can make a trolley with projector box on it to move it as per my comfort. If any friend have any idea , I ll be appreciated.

I too read that heatsink is installed on the projector, I am having Optoma HD27HDR it also get hot. While playing I switch on FAN, but still it gets hot.... I am using Laptop Fan for Denon Amplifier which keeps it totally cool even if I play it for 5-6 hours and another advantage of FAN is not allowing dust inside Amplifier .....

It's better to ask benq customer care.......and take their opinion

Thanks jedviper for replying the thread. I am using Onkyo Amplifier. Would u please like to share how did you manage to install laptop fan on Denon Amplifier. It would be appreciated if you share some snaps.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back