Cost of building a AV room

kaptan

May I know how much cost will take to build a theater room of 15 x 10 . Your inputs will be very helpful..

May I know how much cost will take to build a theater room of 15 x 10 . Your inputs will be very helpful..

Kaptan, for gross calculation civil engg cost will be around 1200 per sq feet.

1200 x 150 = 1,80,000

Then you may want to tile up the floor (and put carpet later), ordinary tiles Rs 50/sq feet, tiling charges 11-15 per sq feet = 7500 + 2250 = 9750

Acoustic treatment - Now this can vary widely. A basic ceiling will cost you 10 to 12K.

Add in bass traps, sound absorbtion panels = 15 to 20K (can be lowered using DIY).

Recliners/seating : 60 to 150K (again no upper limit)

Lighting: 3K to 20K.

AC: 30 to 45K (average).

Add in sound equipment, projector, screen, electronics. Depends on how much you want to spend.

Kaptan, for gross calculation civil engg cost will be around 1200 per sq feet.

1200 x 150 = 1,80,000

Then you may want to tile up the floor (and put carpet later), ordinary tiles Rs 50/sq feet, tiling charges 11-15 per sq feet = 7500 + 2250 = 9750

Acoustic treatment - Now this can vary widely. A basic ceiling will cost you 10 to 12K.

Add in bass traps, sound absorbtion panels = 15 to 20K (can be lowered using DIY).

Recliners/seating : 60 to 150K (again no upper limit)

Lighting: 3K to 20K.

AC: 30 to 45K (average).

Add in sound equipment, projector, screen, electronics. Depends on how much you want to spend.

Dear John
Please add bedding mortar of Sand and cement for floor tiling @ of Rs 18/-(maximum) per sqFt

I diifer a bit as I am already in the process of building a dedicated home theatre on my third floor. Civil works are over.

Never go for square feet rate..Try to get good masons and buy the materials yourselves. All you need is Bricks, Cement, sand, gravel and steel for concrete. The cost will be very, very less. Never go for windows or unnecessary doors. Couple of airholes are only required to provide aircirculation above false ceiling, to reduce heat.

Tiling is not required for HT room as you need to place rugs for better accoustics. Simple plastering is enough. Painting of interior walls are also not required.

Recliner type of seats can be custom built using excellent faux leather material. Contact any decent upholstery shops.

Very interesting thread.

I have a question. I have a room of 210 sq.ft (17x12) and it has 5 tand 3 doors (2 doors to the stretched balcony).

How much should I need for acoustic treatment and sound absorption panel, lights etc. Since this will not be a dedicated room for HT, will it be possible or is it advisable to use acoustic treatment in this room?

Please advice.

And thanks in advance.

Very interesting thread.

I have a question. I have a room of 210 sq.ft (17x12) and it has 5 tand 3 doors (2 doors to the stretched balcony).

How much should I need for acoustic treatment and sound absorption panel, lights etc. Since this will not be a dedicated room for HT, will it be possible or is it advisable to use acoustic treatment in this room?

Please advice.

And thanks in advance.

Yes, I think you can still go for acoustic treatment. Start with bass traps, curtains and diffusers. Budget will start from 15K or so for acoustics.

Lighting another 6k to 10k, including everything as a baseline (lamps/LED/labor). Of course, no upper limit.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back