Cowon iAudio 9 - Help Required

dips0502

Hey Guys, I am planning on getting the Cowon iAudio 9 player. I have some questions for those of you who are already using it. I plan to connect it to my AVR. I want to know what are the connectivity options. Do I connect using the 3.5 mm jack or is there an iPod like dock connector option.

dips, you will have to connect using the 3.5mm jack itself, using a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable( commonly called iPod cable).

Isnt there a dock option ? And whats the difference in terms of sound quality when connecting via Dock and 3.5 mm ?

All your questions answered on [ Digital Pride COWON] ! It must be a flash site (grr) as there seems to be no link to the tech specs of the specific model, but you'll find it easily.

It talks about connectivity via tv-out. I guess this is 3.5-to-three-rca-plugs AV cable (red, white, stereo sound; yellow, video) that comes with a lot of equipment. Perhaps this is the bottom step in AV connectivity, but it still gets a lot of use, and I'm sure that many set-top boxes and more than a few DVD players are still connected to TVs this way.

Just looking at Cowon's site, I see that the A3 has composite and S-video, whereas the newer V5 has hdmi. Just a little matter of doubling the budget.

What is your priority? If it is just music playback, then it will probably be fine. If, on the other hand, video playback is the thing, it might be worth waiting until the wallet is a little fatter. Cowon do market the iaudio-9 as an "MP3 player" and not as a PMP.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back