Cowon Open Box clearance sale

I have owned S9 and now own X9. X9 with the resistive touch screen is as frustrating as C2 was for you.

But S9 was much easier to operate. Granted Cowon's UI was not as smooth as Apple's, one could always find UCI themes on iaudiophile.net to replace them. It was also possible to replace music player, browser stand-alone.

Have used a friend's S9 and it's a cool gadget. Sounds good along with a Technics RP-DH1200 and Fiio amp.

Paid for the Cowon C2 16GB a few days back and received it on Monday. Well, my last PMP was the Creative Zen Xtra - with the bulky internal laptop hard drive. And this player blows it away in terms of sound quality! And it even makes my humble Sennheiser CX 200 sound amazing.

I am sure you guys will have many questions. Ask and I shall try and answer them.

Looks like no one is interested in Cowon products :)

Not getting some genuine reviews on the web. any suggestion?:)

What product are you looking to buy. If it is the C2, I can give you my first hand experience.

Hi Naveenroy

Can this player be used for 2 channel listening thru 3.5 to 2rca cable. Is
dac is necessary for this or cowon itself will sufice.

Hi Naveenroy

I am certain it can be used. But are you referring it from the power point of view - as in, can it power speakers or are you planning to plug it into an amp?

For me, the Cowon has amazing sound quality - it is more than enough. A DAC not required.

Hi Naveenroy

From my experience of using the S9, no DAC is required. DAC stands for digital to analogue converter. The signal you receive through 3.5mm stereo socket of Cowon is already analogue, hence no conversion is required and no use of a DAC. Just use a 3.5 mm to RCA cable and connect to your amplifier.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back