Crackle sound from amplifier

Problem solved. It was the dry soldering joints in the right channel of the pre-amp section. Re-soldered those n the problem is gone and the amp is now playing fine as earlier. Thanks #reubensm & # A K Bhattacharjee Sirs for your inputs.

I own a Philips 900 series, FA 930 integrated amplifier. I observe that a crackle sound developes whenever I want to use the amplifier. It happens in all the options, i.e in tape, cd, phono etc. The sound is so loud sometimes, it makes me worried for my speakers.This peculiar phenomenon remains for a quite long time. After that it becomes normal. I have shown it to some of my known technicians but without any result. Can any fm suggest any solution?
Hi A K Bhattacharjee, I too have Philips 900 Series, and sometimes the right channel of the amplifier ( FA 930) gets disconnected. I can temporarily fix it by turning ON and OFF the speaker switches ( Speakers A and B ) at the left bottom. or by lifting the corner of the amplifier enclosure gently. Need your guidance please if you have found a solution to solve this issue. Thanks in advance :) .

Hi A K Bhattacharjee, I too have Philips 900 Series, and sometimes the right channel of the amplifier ( FA 930) gets disconnected. I can temporarily fix it by turning ON and OFF the speaker switches ( Speakers A and B ) at the left bottom. or by lifting the corner of the amplifier enclosure gently. Need your guidance please if you have found a solution to solve this issue. Thanks in advance :) .
May be the problem with speaker selector switch. Spray, Contact cleaner from inside. Remember it is a tedious job so get it opened by an expert tech. When you call an expert ask him to check dry solders also. Hope this helps.

Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back