Creek Evolution 100A and Tannoy XT 6F/8F

Have Tannoy xt6f. Have heard them with cxa81, Hegel 120, denon 3600h. Though you would think both tannoy and Cambridge are neutral to leaning bright, they are a match made in heaven to my ears when it comes to dynamics and overall tonality

I asked a very specific question that needed answering: i.e. has anyone here heard the Creek amps SPECIFICALLY with the most recent Tannoy XT series.
Not sure if you’d tolerate my butting in, but the insistence on ‘exact’ responses to a ‘specific’ question of yours sounds too demanding - at least in a hobbyist forum where members share whatever info they have and think might help.
Also, it’s not uncommon that OPs have changed their original short-list based on the other suggestions they got from FMs. Equating alternate suggestions with ‘hijacking’ is preposterous.

I don't see the point of your OP. Would you not buy the half price, mint condition Creek if someone told you it sounds like crap with Tannoys? I have owned all the amps I have mentioned and a few more and not just auditioned them.

Requesting mods to close this thread. Thanks.
Mayank, you gave your frank opinion. It might now help to leave the OP to process it as he deems right and avoid the ‘helpers trap’ - feeling slighted when the opinion/suggestion is ignored/not valued.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tannoy XT8F is a slightly bright speaker (top end) . So amp pairing is very crucial , never heard creek , but make sure you do an audition with the amp and source if possible before buying the amp ...I have attached a equalizer and use it sometimes when I find the sound to be too bright

Hello,

Has anyone heard this amp with either of the Tannoy speakers in the thread title? Would be interested to hear people's impressions: are they a good match?

Thanks!
i had used Creek evo and tannoy mercury, was ultimate in that price range

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back