Creek Evolution 2 Amplifier phono stage

akshaysalkar

Is anyone aware of Creek Evolution 2 Amplifier ?

I am more particular interested in knowing the Phono-Stage. The back / rear side shows that it has a phono input (with grounding) ; However the user-manual information is misleading me ? What exactly does below mean ?

For added flexibility, the first input on the EVOLUTION 2 can be used either for vinyl disc or auxiliary line.
To connect your turntable, it is necessary to have the optional Sequel phono plug-in board fitted.
Alternatively Creek Audio produces a separate range of phono pre-amplifiers, which should be connected
to the Aux input.

REF : https://www.manualslib.com/manual/469672/Creek-Audio-Evolution-2.html

Is anyone aware of Creek Evolution 2 Amplifier ?

I am more particular interested in knowing the Phono-Stage. The back / rear side shows that it has a phono input (with grounding) ; However the user-manual information is misleading me ? What exactly does below mean ?

For added flexibility, the first input on the EVOLUTION 2 can be used either for vinyl disc or auxiliary line.
To connect your turntable, it is necessary to have the optional Sequel phono plug-in board fitted.
Alternatively Creek Audio produces a separate range of phono pre-amplifiers, which should be connected
to the Aux input.

REF : https://www.manualslib.com/manual/469672/Creek-Audio-Evolution-2.html
Many amps have an option of a phono card which gives it the ability to also take in an input from a tT/cartridge ( usually MM) directly as well.
You do need to check if the card is installed here or not. If not an external phonostage will be needed which will go into the regular input.

creek evo 2 doesnt have a phono stage, its just an output mentioned on the rear. Entry levels amps wont provide phonostage

creek evo 2 doesnt have a phono stage, its just an output mentioned on the rear. Entry levels amps wont provide phonostage

I dont think they will put an output under the label input !

This is as I had mentioned the option of a phono card and many british int amps across that range give that as an option.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back