Crossover suggestions for my surround speakers

manojdaran

Hello forum, as you have seen Im bothering all the members here for months as Im building a home theater room[Kinda look like] in my newly built house. After long discussions, I have finalized the Sub as Taga TSW 200 and ordered from amazon but for some reasons the order was canceled. Also my house looks chaotic as the things are moving in and out. We are in the finishing stage so I thought of delaying the sub purchase for a month, may be. Now coming back to surrounding speakers, for weeks Im searching for 6" and above speakers with 6 or more impedance as my AVR is Denon X550 which is 6 ohm certified as per their manual. I couldnt find best speaker drivers for my budget as the dayton audio and peerless seems to be cheaper in US but not in here. After some suggestions I have shortlisted Harman Kardon 8" speakers with 8 Ohm. Im not sure about the power but Im willing to know about it. So, ordered a pair to test myself.

Now the crossover part, the speakers come with mini tweeters as a package. I wanted to use crossover to connect the speakers and the tweeter. Well. I had a doubt whether to use a tweeter or not coz I dont like creeping sounds coming out of it. May be I overheard it, Im a bass lover. Im not sure if I need that tweeter or not. Ok, If I need that, suggest me a good crossover please. I have searched amazon for crossover and found tons of those. Couldnt choose between them all. I need crossover for surrounding speakers, please suggest some good crossovers with a light budget.

Thanks

Guess its the wrong place to ask questions.
Hi manoj, you are looking at car speakers and they usually come with crossover's and tweeters. If not, don't get it unless you know the technicalities of building a crossover. Why not look at Indian brands like Ahuja or IWAI? You can also get crossovers off the shelf but matching it can be a nightmare.
If the HK speakers do not come with a XO, don't get it. look at kits that come with everything configured, that you just put it together. DIY is also a time consuming affair. Without knowing what kind of speaker you intend to build, (box/ in- ceiling) it would be difficult to suggest anything.
You can get external crossovers (active) ,but could get expensive.
Also, the surrounds usually don't have a lot of 'bass' info so getting satellites can be a better option. Good luck.
Finally i am not a DIY guy myself, So take whatever i said with a pinch of salt.

Please cancel the order on amazon if you can . Those speakers will not work and they will just shout . Build quality is also a suspect as it is not harman kardon but delhi haarman .. I would suggest that you get https://diyaudiocart.com/Raw-Drivers/Midrange?sort=p.price&order=ASC . I have sorted out the prices to start from low and you could get the peerless drivers for a good price . Please choose the 8 ohm versions . There is a lot of documentation on builds , crossovers on the web .

Please cancel the order on amazon if you can . Those speakers will not work and they will just shout . Build quality is also a suspect as it is not harman kardon but delhi haarman .. I would suggest that you get https://diyaudiocart.com/Raw-Drivers/Midrange?sort=p.price&order=ASC . I have sorted out the prices to start from low and you could get the peerless drivers for a good price . Please choose the 8 ohm versions . There is a lot of documentation on builds , crossovers on the web .
Looks like I have chosen the wrong speakers. Ok, Im on it and cancel right away. I have seen the peerless drivers but they are expensive for my budget. Anyway if its the only choice I will go for it. Also the other member told about IWAI and AHUJA, I couldnt get any dealers in the past too. That is why I rejected those. If that serves as a viable options, please direct me to the right place. Thanks

S16NI-8 vs M13GH-8. @yugaaa as per your suggestion, what do you think is the best in performance. In the descriptions it says the S16NI doesnt need a crossover. But M13GH-8 has comparatively higher power handling. What would you choose?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back